Thread: Different websites, same user database

Unregistered

Different websites, same user database

Hello,

I am interested in getting 3 themes: classipress, job roller and vantage, each one will be on a different domain, but i want to link them to have the same user database. Never did this in wordpress and i couldn't find anybody who could tell me how this can be done. I was thinking of having a 4th database that is the master one and the other 3 from each website to sync with the master.

Your help is appreciated,

Bogdan

Thanks
    A fourth database might be unnecessary. You can run all the themes WordPress multi-site. Each site would have it's own user profile but you could set it up so that there was a single sign on - if that is what you were trying to achieve.

Our demo sites use WordPress multi-site. You will notice that the user, appthemesdemo, is the same on all sites. We do the same thing on many other sites or systems for the same reason: single sign for all sites.

Now, if you wanted a single database with all the data for a user from all the sites, including listings, preferences, favorites, payments and more, you might need to consider a fourth database.

Cheers

Thread Information