Thread: Disclaimer page for Personals

Unregistered

Disclaimer page for Personals

I consider Classipress for a Personals classifieds site.
    Can I add an adult only disclaimer page in Classipress admin panel,
    so it lead before content listing pages, like Craigslist?

I think I can add custom fields such as M4W, W4M, buy, sell, etc. in admin panel.
    Am I right?

Thank you in advance.

PS. I saw some titles of similar questions in other forums,
    which I can't access to due to being a non-member yet.

Thanks
    This would require customization of the default theme if you did want to implement such a feature (as it is currently not available by default), but it is technically possible as there is no encryption which would prevent you from doing so. There may be plugins which offer this function, however as we do not officially support third party plugins we cannot guarantee that they will definitely be compatible with our themes. I did a quick search of the forums and could not find discussions that confirm of any plugins which have been tested, sorry. Thanks.

Unregistered

Disclaimer page for Personals

Many thanks for your quick reply.

I consider deploying the disclaimer in a front menu instead splash pages, to make it simplified.
    I wonder if it is no problem and an effective way to show the disclaimer, in a point of view of 'website regulation'.
    I think there may be some talking about the issue in the related forums which I can not access to.
    Could you kindly check the forums and let me know if you find some practical information?

Can you confirm below question as well?

"I think I can add custom fields such as M4W, W4M, buy, sell, etc. in admin panel.
    Am I right?"

Thanks again in advance.

Thanks
    I found a thread which relates to someone looking for a similar solution, however the plugin suggested apparently didn't work (and from what I can see, it no longer exists - called "Category redirect to post or page"). There was also a javascript solution suggested, however this ultimately still requires customization of the default theme. Unfortunately there are no confirmed plugins or solutions posted.

Yes, you can easily add custom fields to your ad posting forms using the custom forms and fields feature of ClassiPress. Thanks.

Unregistered

About deploying disclaimer in a front menu..

Thanks again for your quick reply.

I fully understand by your previous advice that I need some plugins or solutions to make the splash page which lead
    before listing pages.

In my second question, what I wanted to find in the related forums is if someone mentioned/recommended/suggested
    that you can solve it by deploying the disclaimer in a FRONT MENU rather than by the splash page; You do not need
    any plugins or solutions setting if it is workable/effective in a point of 'website rule/regulation(if there are any)'.

Sorry for disturbing again. It will be greatly appreciated if you can check it one more time finally and let me know
    what you find. Thanks!

Thanks
    Unfortunately no, there really is no other discussion around how it was actually resolved by any other method outside of what I mentioned. If by "front menu" you mean, creating a separate page in the menu itself that a user goes to, then there is certainly nothing which would prevent you from doing that without actual customization. Anything outside of that would require modification of the default theme. Thanks.

Thread Information