Thread: Does Classipress have following features?

Unregistered

Does Classipress have following features?

Hi,
    I need classified site which can be used for different cities but categories should be shared and user registration is based on site level not city based.
    Let me explain, if a user is registered in New York city, he can also post ad in New Jersey (not new registration required)

1) user registration is not based on city, a New jersey user can post ad in California and so on.
    2) Categories are common for all cities but ads will be shown for only selected city.
    2) A guest user can do both post an ad and reply an ad without registration.
    3) A register user can see its ads and manage
    4) Some categories and features are paid and require user registration
    5) Ad is free but if some one want to make it feature, bold then he need to pay.

My website modal will be similar to craiglist

Is that possible in Classipress?

Thanks.

Unregistered

Does Classipress have following features?

Hi,
    I need classified site which can be used for different cities but categories should be shared and user registration is based on site level not city based.
    Let me explain, if a user is registered in New York city, he can also post ad in New Jersey (not new registration required)

1) user registration is not based on city, a New jersey user can post ad in California and so on.
    2) Categories are common for all cities but ads will be shown for only selected city.
    5) Ad is free but if some one want to make it feature, bold then he need to pay.

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi,

Thanks.
    Edit: More question:
    For multi city site, do I need to use some plugin - if yes then is there plugin in Classipress already? or I have to go to wordpress multi-network or subdomain plugin?
    I want sites like this:
    newyork.mysite.com
    newjersey.mysite.com
    plainfield.mysite.com

etc.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi,

Thanks.
    ClassiPress is not multi-region capable by default, so ads are not automatically separated into regions in the same way that Craigslist is. A similar setup has been achieved by existing customers with the use of a WordPress Multisite setup in conjunction with some additional customization of the theme in order to "link" the sites.
    1) With a WP multisite installation, the user database is shared, so effectively one registration will give your customers access to all sites in that network.
    2) This aspect would require customization in order to display information which links the user to their relevant installation.
    3) Registration is required by default in ClassiPress, so this would also require customization of the default theme in order to allow posting without it.
    4) When you set up pricing options, you can choose the "price per category" option to make the price specific to the category selected. Featured listings can also be charged separately.
    5) As mentioned above, you can allow for this in your pricing settings.

Edit: More question:
    For multi city site, do I need to use some plugin - if yes then is there plugin in Classipress already? or I have to go to wordpress multi-network or subdomain plugin?
    I want sites like this:
    newyork.mysite.com
    newjersey.mysite.com
    plainfield.mysite.com

etc.
    There is no specific plugin for this purpose for ClassiPress currently available in the AppThemes marketplace. Thanks.

Thanks
    Hi pepsi,

By any chance, is the multi-region feature in plan for ClassiPress 3.3? I have not seen that it is; but just want to verify while I'm still planning my next move. I think that, if multi-region support isn't in plan for ClassiPress 3.3, I'll buy the Dynamic Multi-level Dropdown plug-in and implement a version of multi-region functionality using that.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by almightyeric View Post
    Hi pepsi,

By any chance, is the multi-region feature in plan for ClassiPress 3.3? I have not seen that it is; but just want to verify while I'm still planning my next move. I think that, if multi-region support isn't in plan for ClassiPress 3.3, I'll buy the Dynamic Multi-level Dropdown plug-in and implement a version of multi-region functionality using that.
    No this is not specifically planned for implementation in the next major ClassiPress release at this time. Thanks.

Thread Information