Thread: Does JobRoller support advanced searching?

Unregistered

Does JobRoller support advanced searching?

I see that you can choose specific categories or by salary, but are you able to apply multiple filters at once or at least refine the results?

Thanks
    You can search for specific keywords, and filter the job type (i.e. full time, freelance etc).. but no, there are no additional advanced search settings outside of what you see on the JobRoller demo.

Unregistered
    Will this be updated in future releases?

As there's no built in option to specify a country search visitors will have to add this into their criteria, so a country field for example is going to be essential for generating accurate results.

Thanks
    There are no specific plans at this time, however any future requests for consideration into a future release of the theme can be logged in the AppThemes Ideas Exchange.

Unregistered
    The classifieds theme allows the base country to be added via the admin, why can't this feature be included in Jobroller?

Thanks
    There's nothing to say it can't be added, it just isn't a feature of JobRoller at the moment. As our themes continue to develop we will likely see a more standardized framework which will allow certain features/functions to be more easily implemented across all themes in future..

Unregistered
    Considering the search isn't working properly for non-US customers and it's a major feature of the theme, shouldn't this be a priority? If you've already got code available in the classifieds theme then surely it's only a few hours work to integrate this into the Jobroller theme?

I don't understand why the Jobroller theme has been released with such a poorly equipped, US based search facility when your other, older theme has the ability for localised searches and I'm concerned (as a potential customer) that you don't consider fixing this problem a priority.

Thread Information