Thread: Does it work fine with these plugins ? + somes questions

Unregistered

Does it work fine with these plugins ? + somes questions

Hi,

I checked many directory wordpress solutions. Not a single one is perfect, most of them seem nice... Well. Vantage seems to be the best for my needs.

I would like to know :
    - Does Vantage work fine with WPML plugin for a multilingual website. I understood there's an existing solution, but I like to work with the plugin I already know.
    - Does Vantage work fine with Toolset (Types, Views, CRED...) ? Will I be able to create custom fields with it, and create forms and display them cleanly "alongside" the existing ones ?
    - Does Vantage work fine with UserPro ?

I tried to create a new listing on the demo site, but I wasn't able to finish it. If I choose the Free Trial, does the customer need to give payment informations (some other themes need it...) ?

Is it possible to change the templates for the listing page ? In order to display the informations of business in another way ?

Can events and businesses share exactly the same categories ? Usually when we create a new post type, we can create new taxonomies or choose other which are already used by another post type. And the taxonomy is just shared (and not duplicate). I think with Types (Toolset) I'll be able to change the taxonomy of the events, in order to take the same as businesses... But I'm not sure. What do you think about it ?

Can list (or events, doesn't matter) have "no location" ? I'll have some clients which don't greet customers (no offices) and have clients worldwide... And some events might be "on the web"... What happens if somebody creates a business or an event without address nor location ? If the system doesn't deal with it, would I be able to simply duplicate the "listings part" and deleting everything about location ? And having on the admin side, in Vantage settings (for example) : general, listings, events, listings 2 ?

Thanks
    In answer to your questions:

- Currently we could not confirm that Vantage works with WPML out of the box, this post explains a little more about our themes and that plugin in particular.
    - We're not aware of anyone who has advised that they are using this with our themes which could clarify if it works.
    - AppThemes doesn't officially support third party plugins, so we unfortunately cannot confirm that such plugins are definitely compatible with our themes.
    - Whilst the demo site is fully functional, you cannot save data to it which is why you cannot complete the listing process (there should have been a pop up to explain this upon entering the demo). In terms of free trial listings though, no payment information is required
    - There are no other options in the Vantage admin dashboard aside from sidebar widgets, so changing the layout would ultimately involve customization on your part. Our themes are not encrypted, so you are free to make modifications if you wish.
    - Listings and events are separate custom post types, so categories are set up separately.
    - The Google map is built into the listing form by default, so it would require customization if you wanted to move this. You can of course give the listing a general location rather than a specific address also. Thanks.

Thread Information