Thread: Events Calendar Questions

Unregistered

Events Calendar Questions

I am really interested in your theme and have a few questions mostly related to featured images.

1. Is there an upcoming events widget? That will display either a calendar of upcoming events or a list of the events coming soonest?

2. Do these widgets for the events calendar display a thumb or featured image for the event?
    I am comfortable modifying code if this would be a relatively easy thing to add (ie the code is regular WordPress hooks) I recently worked with a theme that was a nightmare to customize because every single hook was custom to the theme even simple things like get the date.

3. Can you select an event to be reoccurring? IE on Saturday 8am-1pm from April-October so it would show only on Saturday every week on the calendar

4. The events just seem to show a list. Is there a calendar option?

5. Can this display be modified to show a thumbnail? demos.appthemes.com/vantage/events/category/animals/
    Could I do this in a child theme so as to still be able to get updates?

I think that is all related to the events feature that is included.

Thanks
    1. Yes there is an "Upcoming Events" widget option available. You can see this and other widgets in the Appearance > Widgets screen of the Vantage admin dashboard demo here. The events display as a list in the widget.

2. No, there are no thumbnail options by default. If you are looking to modify the theme, you can also find useful information in the AppThemes developer center.

3. There are no reoccuring date options at this time, but you can select multiple dates for an event.

4. There are no other display options within the theme for events, so it would require customization on your part if you were looking to change this default list view.

5. Yes you could create a child theme, and we definitely encourage this if you're looking to modify the theme as it will save you losing all of your changes in the process of an update. You can find more about creating child themes in the developer docs link mentioned above. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Ok so....

1. No calendar display at all for events. Correct? In development?

2. No thumbnail display for events aside from the event itself. Correct?
    If I submitted my additions somewhere would that be helpful for future development?

3. No reoccurring events. But I can set multiple events (which is 40 instances for an event that runs weekly April-Oct!) Correct?
    Is this slated for development in the future? On the radar at all?

4. I see featured on Home Page and Featured in Category would it be featured in the widget list? Is the list displayed anywhere as a widget so we can see it?
    We are looking for a way to have an event 'stick' to the top of the list in the sidebar.

Thanks
    1. Correct, there is no calendar. Nothing specifically noted at this point in time.

2. Correct. Customers are welcome to submit feature requests in the AppThemes Ideas Exchange for our community to vote on and our development team to consider for a future release.

3. Correct there is no option to set reoccurring events at this time, and I haven't tried clicking the "Add date" button 40 times, but am not aware of any restrictions to this number. I can't imagine it will actually look very nice in the event listing itself to set all 40 dates in all honesty though. Also not aware of any immediate plans for this feature.

4. This is not currently an available feature so would also require customization at this time. Thanks.

Thread Information