Thread: Events instead of classified ads

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Events instead of classified ads

Hi,

I really like your WP theme - well done! I was wondering, could it be used for online events instead of classified ads?
    For example, how hard would it be to instead of the "Post an Ad" button have "Post an Event" button; instead of "Ad categories to have "Even categories," etc.?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts

Re: Events instead of classified ads

Yes you can. Since there are no encrypted codes in Classipress you are free to customize it according to your needs. I think some users have already used Classipress on an event site.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Thank you for the prompt reply. How difficult is it to make those changes? Can you just change it thru admin? How? Thanks!

Thanks

There are things that you can change through the Classipress admin settings but since you need it for an events listing, there's a need to edit some files. You can do the changes yourself depending upon your knowledge of html and php including Wordpress in general. You can also find some users in this forum who will offer their expertise to get you started.

If you are not comfortable tinkering with the codes, there are people of this forum who are offering their services. You can check them out at the Classipress Theme Services thread.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

You mentioned that some users have already set up ClassiPress to manage events. Would you have any samples that you can share?

Thanks,

Mark

Thanks

Some users are hesitant to post their sites for whatever reason but you can try searching the forum for a few of them. I'll try to post the links when I find them too.

Thread Information