Thread: A few Classipress questions before purchase.

Unregistered

A few Classipress questions before purchase.

Hi,

I have a few questions about classipress before i purchase it.

1: Is it compatible with buddypress?

2: Is it possible to have a rating (positive/negative sales etc) for members, like ebay?

3: can you search on the website for peoples names/profiles as well as for classified ads?

4: does it support any type of shop feature for regular sellers? (like ebay and amazon)?

5: Does it have any sort of instant messaging system (like facebook) other than the normal PM system, to talk to other users or sellers/buyers?

6: If none of these are features you offer, is your support section able to help me with implementing these features?

Thank you,

Jon

Thanks
    Hi Jon.
    ClassiPress is not intended to operate like eBay. It is intended to offer classified ads. Think Kijijji.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    1: Is it compatible with buddypress?
    Not out of the box. But if you have a good understanding of such things, it is possible.

2: Is it possible to have a rating (positive/negative sales etc) for members, like ebay?
    No. Not without modification.

3: can you search on the website for peoples names/profiles as well as for classified ads?
    No. Not without modification.

4: does it support any type of shop feature for regular sellers? (like ebay and amazon)?
    No.

5: Does it have any sort of instant messaging system (like facebook) other than the normal PM system, to talk to other users or sellers/buyers?
    No.

6: If none of these are features you offer, is your support section able to help me with implementing these features?
    No. The Support team can not help with modifications. There is, however, a vibrant community of members, as well as developers for hire, within the members only forums that may be able to help.

These are all great ideas. You may want to check out the Ideas Exchange. You can search for, and vote for any of these ideas that already exist, or add your own.
    The search button. Your new best friend.
    - Dubya

Unregistered

Thanks

Thanks for answering my questions but to be honest i am surprised that a template like this does not have any of these features? Considering the cost and the competition you have out there? Alot of these features are expected of themes like this nowadays especially with the way the internet and websites are heading, a more interactive and community based way. Might be something for your team to look at in the future?

Thread Information