Thread: A few questions...

Thanks

A few questions...

I'm looking at purchasing Job Roller, and just had a few questions; I'll list some of the objectives I have for the script, and maybe someone could tell me how difficult it would be do achieve them (without making mince meat out of the original script!). Skills wise, I'd put myself in the advanced bracket when it comes to PHP HTML & CSS, but I'm very inexperienced with WordPress - does this matter or do I need to do some serious reading up before attempting these:

> Would like to remove the employer login completely, would only want people to sign up as a user to view jobs, not employees to view resumees - I'd want to put all the jobs in myself, with them never expiring.
    > Would want to link into the job database with another PHP script
    > Would want to add additional fields to jobs, such as a rating system & user added comments
    > Would want to add additional fields in the dashboard for "starred" jobs - i.e. users should be able to add comments (which only they can see)
    > Would want new job listings which fit the user's criteria to be emailed to the user

There's considerably more, but these should give some indication as to how the sort of additions I'd be looking to make. Also, how much documentation regarding the actual code and program structure is included? (Class diagrams etc etc)?

And a question to some of the non-admin members here; how good would you say the support forum is in terms or response time, resolved issues etc etc?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    > The prior version of Jobroller does not have employer login facility and so you can use it for that. If you want the jobs not expiring it may require modification of the theme functions.
    > Would like to remove the employer login completely, would only want people to sign up as a user to view jobs, not employees to view resumees - I'd want to put all the jobs in myself, with them never expiring.
    > Again, linking the job db with another script may require customization of which you can implement. There are no encrypted codes in the theme and so you can modify it the way you want it.

> Would want to link into the job database with another PHP script
    > No features on these yet and some may already have been requested at the ideas exchange page AppThemes Ideas Exchange .

> Would want to add additional fields to jobs, such as a rating system & user added comments
    > Would want to add additional fields in the dashboard for "starred" jobs - i.e. users should be able to add comments (which only they can see)
    > Would want new job listings which fit the user's criteria to be emailed to the user
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    Thanks! Just a couple more questions;

> Does the theme support widgets?
    > Is the user database read from the Wordpress one, or does it have its own? (For example, if I were to add a forum plugin in addition, would the user DB be the same as the one used in JobRoller?

Dan

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    > Yes the theme supports widget
    > The theme uses the core wordpress engine and so is the database.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information