Thread: A few questions before buy

Unregistered

A few questions before buy

I have a few questions about classipress:
    1. I need a system like you offer, but not exactly for ads like ebay, more like yellow pages, so the people/professionals/business/Grocery store/Deliveries/etc gonna pay me like 30 usd/year for they be in the page. Also in the front page, I want to offer monthly payment for who want of them also appear with a banner. The problems is I want to collect the money place by place and who is interested of appear in my web page, they pay me and they give me their email address and I would send them an email with the link to allow them publish their business. Can I do that?
    2. Can I create filters of search (Like neighborhood is placed the business for example)
    3. Also, how the page show the url address? Random letter/symbols? Or thedomain/category/subcategory/nameofthebusiness?
    4. Wordpress MU allow me to create sub-blog with your classipress theme only, or each blog could choose other themes?
    5. How it work in mobile device?
    6. Do you have a GPS function (How near am I from the business? Or if will be have this function in future?).
    7. Do you have an easily keywords form to improve the SEO?
    8. Hostgator give me all I need to run your ultimate edition? Or Some of your costumer have the classipress in godaddy? I have the domain there, so I like to keep the host in godaddy to, but your 50% promotion with hostgator tempted me
    Regards from Chile

Thanks
    1-CP is so flexible that can turn into what u wish. some of the features r :
    A-form layouts which allow u to prepare ur favorite form for each category
    B-payment gate (Paypal)
    c-Ads packs which let u define the peyment terms like how much for how many days + u can ask for extra money in order to show the ad in carousel.
    D-Picture gallery (max 8 pix)
    E-Custom fields which allows u to create unlimited fields (so as to use in ur forms)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2-By default there's just a search based on Category but I have seen some customers who made it possible! by the way Appthemes is going to add some new features to search function (for CP 3.1) Don't worry! check this page

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3- Check this page
    4-I have not tested this feature but I think it's possible. u have to check with Appthemes TM.
    5-unfortunately haven't tested either ! but thsi site seems to get it done!
    6-CP has a built-in Google map which shows the location of ad owner. did u mean that ?
    7-I ain't much of SEO but there r some plugins for SEO solutin.
    Last thing :
    1-since CP is a wp theme u r free to use as many perfect features of wp as u would like to ! everything is possible !

2-There r some useful threads in the forum and many nice people (both beginner like me and developers) who eagerly solve ur
    later problems (if there is!)

Thanks
    Thanks pinocchio for covering some of the questions :D

1. Currently ClassiPress does not offer subscriptions, however the next version release (ClassiPress 3.1) will include ability for customers to ad unlimited ads for xx days. What you describe though, sounds more suited to our upcoming new theme called Vantage. You can read more about it here if you haven't already done so.. You can check release date information here.

2. There is no current filter option in ClassiPress, however we will see further enhancements to the search function in the next version which includes radius search.

3. This depends on your permalinks structure..

4. ClassiPress is a stand alone theme, so needs its own installation of WordPress to run.

5. There is no specific lite version available for mobile browsing.

6. The Google Map in the sidebar will show the customer the location of where the ad poster has selected.

7. SEO is pretty good on its own, however you can further specify keywords using plugins such as the All in one SEO pack or Platinum SEO.

8. Hosting is really personal preference, but I believe we have customers who are also using Godaddy as their host with no issues.

Again, I think some of the questions you ask indicate that our Vantage theme may be more suited to what you are looking for, but if you have already looked at this and believe ClassiPress to be a better choice then this is up to you. The theme is not encrypted so if there are any features you wish to add or change yourself then this is also an option.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    Thanks pinocchio for covering some of the questions :D

1. Currently ClassiPress does not offer subscriptions, however the next version release (ClassiPress 3.1) will include ability for customers to ad unlimited ads for xx days. What you describe though, sounds more suited to our upcoming new theme called Vantage. You can read more about it here if you haven't already done so.. You can check release date information here.

2. There is no current filter option in ClassiPress, however we will see further enhancements to the search function in the next version which includes radius search.

3. This depends on your permalinks structure..

4. ClassiPress is a stand alone theme, so needs its own installation of WordPress to run.

5. There is no specific lite version available for mobile browsing.

6. The Google Map in the sidebar will show the customer the location of where the ad poster has selected.

7. SEO is pretty good on its own, however you can further specify keywords using plugins such as the All in one SEO pack or Platinum SEO.

8. Hosting is really personal preference, but I believe we have customers who are also using Godaddy as their host with no issues.

Again, I think some of the questions you ask indicate that our Vantage theme may be more suited to what you are looking for, but if you have already looked at this and believe ClassiPress to be a better choice then this is up to you. The theme is not encrypted so if there are any features you wish to add or change yourself then this is also an option.
    Ok thanks both of you to help me so quickly.

I didnīt check the Vantage theme, you have it in "coming soon", can you give me at least a screenshot of it, to look better, or let me now when you`ll release it.

regards

Thanks
    Thanked 3,402 Times in 3,273 Posts
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by jomarkosabel View Post
    Thanks, I think to waiting to the vantage release, it seems what I am looking for. But now I have other question. I want in the main domain have a web like vantage, and earn money with that, but also in the subdomains, like rent.mydomain.com, sell.mydomain.com, etc, use classipress and all that for free (Freeemium business, if you now what I mean).

Can I do that Vantage in main domain, classipress in subdomain (With Wordpress MU or individual wordpress instalation).

Do you have different price if I buy you both of them?

Thanks, and my apologies for bother you with all these questions

Thanks
    Thanked 3,402 Times in 3,273 Posts
    I think can be done using individual install of wordpress in subdomain. It can also be done with MU but might require some tweaking of codes.

As far as I know, no package pricing yet available for both themes but there is a plan to do so.

As a prospective buyer you have all the right to ask some questions.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information