Thread: A few questions before buying

Unregistered

A few questions before buying

Hello,

I'm looking forward to buying your classified module but I have a few questions.
    I would be glad if you can answer them...

1. Can the sponsered ads on the side (125x125) be switched automatically every couple of seconds?
    2. Is there a limitation on the number of sponsored ads that can be running at any time (assuming they can be switched automatically)
    3. I assume the "Featured Listings" at the top be can be set up as "chargeable ads" as an upgrade to free listings?
    4. Can the Scrolling "Featured Listings" at the top be made to be "sponsored ads" instead of "featured listings" if we wanted to?
    5. Can the software be set up to charge for specific ads that will show up as "Most Popular" (at the bottom) or similar tabs? Can we add or change these tabs?
    6. Is it possible to have different (not the same as home page) sponsored ads on subpages?

Thanks
    In answer to your questions:

1. This would require the use of a plugin or modification in order to do this. You can find an ad-related plugin in the AppThemes marketplace, however this is more for placement of more ads as opposed to the actual functionality you are looking for.

2. The sponsored ad spot you place in the settings is for the same ad, it doesn't automatically switch to other ads (again, would require a plugin or customization for this purpose)

3. Yes, you can charge separately for featured ads

4. This would require customization of the default theme on your part, but is technically possible. There is no encryption which would prevent you from making such changes.

5. There are no specific settings which would allocate ads in the way you describe so this would require customization.

6. Not by default. Explanations are as mentioned above. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Thanks
    You're welcome :)

Unregistered
    As per my customer's request, I will have to edit the plugin to be able to place rotating banners.
    In your template, is the top banner are and sidebar (on the right) widgetable?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    As per my customer's request, I will have to edit the plugin to be able to place rotating banners.
    In your template, is the top banner are and sidebar (on the right) widgetable?
    The theme has a specific settings page for advertising in the header and single ad pages (see the "Advertising" tab of the ClassiPress admin demo settings page), and yes you can use widgets in the sidebar. Thanks.

Thread Information