Thread: Few Questions Regarding Post Separation

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Few Questions Regarding Post Separation

Hi,

ClassiPress looks great. Thanks for providing this forum - I had some questions before buying.

1) Is creating an account mandatory ("registering") to post classified on a classipress site?

2) Is there any way to limit posting to people with certain domains (i.e.: only .net or @gmail.com emails are valid to post), or even further, differentiate posts by there email handle (.com's posts go somewhere different than .biz's)?

3) Is there an option to tab between posts - say if I wanted people to choose a car type (audi, bmw, etc.) and then there's a list of the "sale by owner", and a tab that is for "sale by dealer," and perhaps one for "all"? This will be specified during posting.

4) Can you post things that don't cost money? Say study partner needed, or something like that.

I'm computer friendly but not a coder, just wanted to see if these were things that would involve a lot of labor? Thanks!

Thanks

Re: Few Questions Regarding Post Separation

1. Yes, registration is mandatory by default. There are members of the ClassiPress community who preferred not to have it this way and came up with a bit of a mod to change this which they shared in these forums (just mentioning ;) )

2. No, there isn't a specific feature within ClassiPress to allow you to do this. You can find plugins to achieve some restrictions, but you would probably want to look into that to confirm if they can do exactly what you want.

3. Well, you could in some ways achieve this via the way you set your categories up, but I'm thinking you're probably more after an ad filtering feature which is not currently available in ClassiPress..although due to be included in a future release. You can however do a regular search though.

4. Yes you could achieve this with relatively easy customization.

Just a note, you can find all sorts of handy tutorials within these forums shared by other members :)

Thread Information