Thread: Free ads with optional payment

Thanks

Free ads with optional payment

Hi there,

I want to keep the ads free, but I want to charge users for upgrading their (free) ad to a "featured" ad. Can I do this?
    Also, I'm using a WP plugin called AWPCP. Would it be possible to somehow import my current AWPCP lisings into Classipress?

Thanks!

Paul Brett
    http://barterbus.com

Thanks
    Thanked 3,402 Times in 3,273 Posts
    Currently, the ads can only be featured during the initial posting and not after they have it posted. However, it is already planned for implementation as requested by the users here http://ideas.appthemes.com/classipre...-posting-1643/.

I want to keep the ads free, but I want to charge users for upgrading their (free) ad to a "featured" ad. Can I do this?
    This is possible but will be a tedious process since AWCP is a plugin and uses a different database structure while Classipress is a theme which uses the default wordpress db structure. An advanced programming knowledge is definitely needed for this kind of migration.

Also, I'm using a WP plugin called AWPCP. Would it be possible to somehow import my current AWPCP lisings into Classipress?
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information