Thread: Functionality Questions

Unregistered

Functionality Questions

Hi

I have a couple of questions about Classipress. We intend to use the site to collect ad data for our in print publication and also to provide a good looking online component to our portfolio. There are a couple of functions that we currently have that would need to be implemented in the Classipress site.

Can the theme 'see' the item for sale price and charge accordingly. For example, charge a set fee for any item for sale over $500?

Does the payment process run all the way through to crediting our bank account? Or does it simply collate information to be administered manually?

Is there the ability to feed new ads through to an email or another source, export to excel for instance? If so can that be done daily? weekly?

Can we hold the ads in a queue to be checked prior to publishing?

Is there anywhere where we can go to view that kind of site in action?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 1,442 Posts
    Hello,

No, there is no option for "reading the price and take action"

Our themes are using paypal or banktransfer as payment gateways. Specially using paypal has the advantage to collect the payments immediatly.

you can use the WordPress Export function, that will contain all of your posts, pages, comments, ads etc.

Yes

You can visit the Appthemes demo site here: http://demos.appthemes.com/?theme=classipress
    Rolf Hassel (Samcy)

Unregistered
    Thanks for the info.

Re #1.
    Is the 'Read Price Take Action' something that I can get someone to program?

Re #2.
    With Paypal people who have Paypal accounts can just use that but is there also an option for people to pay via Visa / Mastercard if they have not signed up for Paypal? Also, what is Bank Transfer?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by samcy View Post
    No, there is no option for "reading the price and take action"

Our themes are using paypal or banktransfer as payment gateways. Specially using paypal has the advantage to collect the payments immediatly.

Thanks
    Some coder say: "If you can describe it, I can code it". So i'm sure that this is possible, but i haven't seen it yet.

Your customers don't need there own paypal account. They can pay using their creditcard (Visa, Mastercard etc.) Only you should sign up for paypal (Sign up is free) and check if your currency is supported by paypal. => www.paypal.com

About the bank transfer: Maybe it's better to visit a bank and ask them to explain you how a bank transfer generally works. They will give you some "Wire Instructions". Those specific bank wire instructions can be placed into ClassiPress.
    Rolf Hassel (Samcy)

Unregistered
    Thanks for your help so far. I think my final(?) question is ....

You mention Wordpress Export. I have not used it before, can I export designated areas of the database base on new items.

For example. Could I gleen just the Name, Address, telephone Number, Ad copy for example and would I be able to export the data that was new since my last export.

My client currently trickle feeds the ads input on their website through to a designer to page layout their classified ads publication. I need to be able to do this somehow with Classipress.

Thanks.

Thanks
    No, the export function goes like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export-cp.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	3138
    Rolf Hassel (Samcy)

Thread Information