Thread: General Beginner Questions

Unregistered

General Beginner Questions

Hi, I'm looking to purchase the software and had a few questions:

1. I have never used Wordpress and am unfamiliar with even basic coding. Do I need to learn Wordpress first, or just download it?

2. How easy is it to learn to use Classipress and are there any beginner tutorials?

3. Are all future upgrades covered in the fee?

4. Do I need to ever renew the liscence?

5. How useful are the photoshop files for the extra cost? (Can you please let me know what I can do with them?)

Thanks,
    Adrian

Thanks
    1. ClassiPress is a WordPress theme, so you need to have WordPress installed in order to use it. So yes, it would be advantageous to learn how to use WordPress itself as this is a big part of the general functionality and how you will administer your ClassiPress site. Like anything though, practice makes perfect ;)

2. You won't be able to read the full document as a non-customer, but we have a step by step installation/setup guide for ClassiPress here, and of course our support forums is where we are happy to answer your questions if you have any issues.

3. Yes, all theme purchases currently include free lifetime updates.

4. No, it is a one-off cost.

5. The .psd files are useful for web designers who wish to redesign the layout of the site, but if you don't have any knowledge of css/html then you would probably not use them (unless you're hiring someone to redesign it for you)..

Unregistered
    Hey, I appreciate your prompt response. Just a few follow up questions:

1. I have noticed a new version is set to come out in June (I guess within a week now?). I want to buy the software package and get started this weekend and would like to find out whether I would have to re-customize all my settings when upgrading. How exactly does the upgraded version get integrated?

2. Is it once I purchase the software that I am granted a login for forums/support? How are the login details issued to me?

3. Does AppThemes/Classipress intend to be around a while and continue upgrading its products, or this a special project with a finite timeline?

Thanks again!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,403 Times in 3,274 Posts
    1. Upgrading is fairly easy. There are two ways to that and that is through a patch or a full theme install. Your admin settings including categories and pages will remain as they are saved on the database.

2. Login details will be sent through your email.

3. Appthemes as a business will surely stay for a long time. Classipress is not a special project. It is based on wordpress and will be developed and enhanced along with the emerging web technologies.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information