Thread: General Questions

Unregistered

General Questions

Hi please can you answer my questions:
    1. I see you can upload your own logo. What area size does the logo cover on the demo?
    2. Can you explain how Tags work. A job poster can define their own tags in a free text box. The admin can also define a set of tags. What tags display in the side tab? Do the two combine?
    3. Where can you see tags when you view a user's job listing?
    4. Can the tag tab come to the front, before the 'search tag'
    5. What would happen if you left google maps region blank ie rather than having 'US' what does it default to? Why is region necessary?
    6. Where can I view the pages (about, contact etc) in the Admin Demo. I can't see them.
    7. Can you show me a link to a demo site that show's what happens to the user if you require them to log in before applying for a job.
    8. Can you set it so that jobs last forever or until the poster removes them, and where do you do this?

Many thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    1. The logo size used in the default theme is 300x80.
    2. Yes, the job poster can define their own tags in a free text box that is in the form. You can check the demo page through this link Demo Center | AppThemes .
    3. The tags are displayed in the jobs listing page.
    4. It can be done by modifying the code of which of you can implement by yourself.
    5. If it is blank a default text "Anywhere" is displayed.
    6. The pages views are disabled in the demo. It works the same with the standard Wordpress install being a WP theme.
    7. Here's the demo page link Demo Center | AppThemes .
    8. By default and if you are not charging for the posting, the jobs stays and until the posters removes them.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered

Follow up

I don't feel you've really answered my questions fully. Please can you explain further.

2. Are you saying Tags from both the lister and the admin feed into the tags list on the right hand side.
    3. Why can I not see the Tags that the lister has entered in their as yet unpublished posting in the ADMIN section?
    5. I am not asking what comes up in the search box when you don't enter 'US' in the admin section of the google search. I am asking what the search defaults to in terms of a google location? For example if I typed the name of a city that was in both the UK and US what would come up?
    7. I cannot check what it looks like on the Demo when a user needs to log in before they apply for a job. As it isn't set up that way on the demo. I want to know how it looks is there a 'log in' button under the apply button?

Potential Customer

Additional Questions

Hi, I am very interested in purchasing this theme, just have a few questions first as follows:

1. How do you go about changing the usage of the word "resumes," to "CV" AS I'm British this is a major requirement and I'm hoping it doesn't require adjusting within the code as there are multiple instances of this around the demo website which would need changing?
    2. Can you add your own job types?
    3. Can you pre specify locations that jobs can be posted in, for example I wish to make a website based on a county job board (Devon, Britain) so the only locations that jobs can be advertised are within Devon and not the whole country, is this possible?

Looking forward to your reply and purchasing should the theme meet my requirements,

Regards,

Ceri.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't feel you've really answered my questions fully. Please can you explain further.

2. Are you saying Tags from both the lister and the admin feed into the tags list on the right hand side.
    3. Why can I not see the Tags that the lister has entered in their as yet unpublished posting in the ADMIN section?
    5. I am not asking what comes up in the search box when you don't enter 'US' in the admin section of the google search. I am asking what the search defaults to in terms of a google location? For example if I typed the name of a city that was in both the UK and US what would come up?
    7. I cannot check what it looks like on the Demo when a user needs to log in before they apply for a job. As it isn't set up that way on the demo. I want to know how it looks is there a 'log in' button under the apply button?
    2. The tags which appear in the sidebar are those that are entered into the job listings, so they must relate to a job listing in order to appear there.

3. Where are you referring to exactly? Tags for unpublished jobs should still appear in Jobs > Job Tags with any other job tags generated during the job listing process, as well as in the Job edit screen under "Job Tags". From the customer dashboard, they can also see the "Job Tags" field in their edit screen.

5. What would come up is generally what would appear first in terms of a general maps.google.com search. i.e. if you searched "Birmingham" it would by default come up with a search "Jobs within 1 Miles of Birmingham, AL, USA", so you'd want to specify "Birmingham, UK" if you were referring to that country. In saying this, as much as it is determined by Google Maps, our team are looking into making this search more applicable to the region which your site is set for.

7. Job Application does not require registration.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Potential Customer View Post
    Hi, I am very interested in purchasing this theme, just have a few questions first as follows:

1. How do you go about changing the usage of the word "resumes," to "CV" AS I'm British this is a major requirement and I'm hoping it doesn't require adjusting within the code as there are multiple instances of this around the demo website which would need changing?
    2. Can you add your own job types?
    3. Can you pre specify locations that jobs can be posted in, for example I wish to make a website based on a county job board (Devon, Britain) so the only locations that jobs can be advertised are within Devon and not the whole country, is this possible?

Looking forward to your reply and purchasing should the theme meet my requirements,

Regards,

Ceri.
    1. Yes, this requires change to the theme files as there is no specific setting for this in the JobRoller admin dashboard. It's not too difficult to locate the theme files though, and is a fairly minor adjustment which has been done by existing customers who are in the same position of needing "C.V" instead of "resume".

2. Yes

3. This is also not something you can specifically set in the JobRoller admin dashboard, and would require some customization of the theme in order to place such restrictions on job listers.

Potential Customer

Thank You

Thank you Pepsi!

Would you be willing to either aid me in changing the usage of resume to CV or be able to provide the exact line location within the files that require changing? I have reasonable skill in coding but there will likely be multiple instances and I won't know if the code I'm editing will be effected by the change without guidance, it will be worth your time as I will likely bring you more business in future, I'm not a fly by night customer and stay loyal to brands that stay loyal to their customers,

Kind regards,

Ceri.

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    1. Yes, this requires change to the theme files as there is no specific setting for this in the JobRoller admin dashboard. It's not too difficult to locate the theme files though, and is a fairly minor adjustment which has been done by existing customers who are in the same position of needing "C.V" instead of "resume".

2. Yes

3. This is also not something you can specifically set in the JobRoller admin dashboard, and would require some customization of the theme in order to place such restrictions on job listers.

Thanks
    Yes, we can certainly guide you to the file locations for these changes :)

Thread Information