Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone been able to implement a zip code proximity search?

Unregistered

Has anyone been able to implement a zip code proximity search?

Hi,

I need a zip code proximity search for my application. Has anyone successfully build a mod that implements this function? Thanks.

Rich

Thanks
    Here ya go...

http://www.cruiserexchange.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi,

I need a zip code proximity search for my application. Has anyone successfully build a mod that implements this function? Thanks.

Rich

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by tbase View Post
    Thanks! Can you tell me where you found the widget or who developed it for you? I need to include something similar in my application. You can PM if that is more convenient. Thanks again. Much appreciated.

Rich

Thanks
    When you refer to your "application", do you mean ClassiPress?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    When you refer to your "application", do you mean ClassiPress?
    Yes, I was referring to Classipress. Thanks for the help.

Rich

Thanks
    Ok thanks for clarifying.. You may wish to wait until the next version of ClassiPress is released (which is very soon), as this will include "Advanced search which includes radius option".. I'm not sure if it specifically includes a zip code search, but it may be worth waiting to check, before you pay a developer to implement anything like this for you. Then, if at that stage if it's still not what you're looking for, we have a certified partners page where you can find coders for hire who could include what you're looking for..

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by tbase View Post
    Well that's great!

But some information about how it accomplished would be quite reassuring to others who wish to implement this.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    Ok thanks for clarifying.. You may wish to wait until the next version of ClassiPress is released (which is very soon), as this will include "Advanced search which includes radius option".. I'm not sure if it specifically includes a zip code search, but it may be worth waiting to check, before you pay a developer to implement anything like this for you. Then, if at that stage if it's still not what you're looking for, we have a certified partners page where you can find coders for hire who could include what you're looking for..
    Thanks for the information. Is there a release date set for the next version? Thanks for your assistance.

Rich

Thanks
    Thanked 3,402 Times in 3,273 Posts
    It is scheduled to be released on October 8. You may check the blog here for updates http://appthemes.com/blog/classipress-3-1-preview/
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by jomarkosabel View Post
    It is scheduled to be released on October 8. You may check the blog here for updates http://appthemes.com/blog/classipress-3-1-preview/
    Hi,

Thanks. I just found the post in the blog as you were writing your response. Looking forward to trying it out when it becomes available.

Rich

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information