Thread: I have questions before I buy

Thanks

I have questions before I buy

I am intending to use this theme for an internal classified system for the tenants of multiple properties.
    Since it is a specific use case I have some questions regrading if the following items can be customized.

1. Registration: Only qualified tenants will be able to post or respond to ads. Can I customize registration to ensure that an administrator can approve the account before the user can post the ad, or respond to a tenant? Is it possible to send registration requests via email or can this only be done through the WP admin tool?

2. Can the theme use the newest ads to in the featured slider? Tenants will not be purchasing ad space. The only qualifier for them is to be a tenant. So I want to populate that section by date of post instead of whether the user paid to have the ad featured or not.

3. Can I remove the "featured" paid listing part when users create an ad? The system will be completely free for these tenants.

4. Can I make the "contact" tab default instead of the "map" tab on the product detail page?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,403 Times in 3,274 Posts
    The theme is basically designed as a classifieds site platform and so making it work according your requirements will require some form of code customization. The theme is not encrypted and so it can be modified accordingly. Implementation is just dependent upon your coding skills or you can avail the services of an experienced coder to do it for you.

Here you can contact some of Appthemes certified community partners http://www.appthemes.com/partners/ for customization jobs.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    Thanks for your quick response. Regarding registration I was thinking the best workaround would be to create a password protected page from the home page of the actual site (the classified section will basically be accessed from the homepage), but are #2 and #3 options that exist in the current theme or would I need to customize those?

What would happen to the featured slider if no one paid to be on it? Would the "image not available" icons just be used instead?

Quote Originally Posted by jomarkosabel View Post
    The theme is basically designed as a classifieds site platform and so making it work according your requirements will require some form of code customization. The theme is not encrypted and so it can be modified accordingly. Implementation is just dependent upon your coding skills or you can avail the services of an experienced coder to do it for you.

Here you can contact some of Appthemes certified community partners http://www.appthemes.com/partners/ for customization jobs.

Thread Information