Thread: help needed re pre sales questions

Unregistered

help needed re pre sales questions

Hello,

Im interested in purchasing the vantage script for business directory i am launching fro the UK market. a few questions:

1. does the script come with full source code?.

2. is it possible to ' turn off' or take out the events and blog part of the script as well as making it free to sign up for businesses ?

3. i will need an advanced search option for visitors to my website. can this be added as i cannot see an option to add one on the
    admin side?

4. i used the demo and when i searched for some businesses their address was on their profile on the search results list but some of the businesses
    where not pinpointed on the map. why?

thanks for your help

Unregistered

another pre sale question

tried out the vantage demo and tried to create a listing ie add my restaurant . i managed to complete the form ok however went i clicked on the submit button
    it never took me anywhere. in other words it never went onto the next page. the page went black . i tried to add my business yesterday and i had a similar problem.
    problem swith the script ?. please help asap. thanks.

Thanks
    In answer to your questions:

1. Yes, the code is also not encrypted, so you are free to make modifications if you wish.
    2. Yes, you can disable the events easily from the Vantage admin settings and simply not use the blog or add links to it if you choose not to. Yes, you can allow free listings.
    3. There is no specific advanced search functionality in terms of additional fields to the default search apart from that which appears in the sidebar of location results as seen on the Vantage demo site. It would require customization on your part if you were looking to add more in terms of this.
    4. Are you able to please give a specific example of the search terms used so I can replicate what you're seeing/not seeing and explain further?

Whilst the demo site is fully functional, you cannot save data to it (spam purposes) which is why you cannot complete the listing process on it. There should have been a pop up box explaining this before you entered the demo. A standard installation does not have this problem, it's purely demo related. Thanks.

Thread Information