Thread: hosting bandwidth / usage

Cola

hosting bandwidth / usage

Hi, AppTheme,,
    I'm planning to run a free directory site, and my partner wants to use Classipress theme.
    I'm not really familiar with programming and hosting matters technically,,
    I need to estimate approximately the web hosting bandwidth / usage per month,,
    I really need to calculate the minimum budget which should be prepared to run a new site with Clasipress theme at initial stage ...
    Can somebody here help me please?
    Any advices ?
    Maybe just a rough estimation based on your experience running Classipress?

:)

thanks ,,

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    I have a site with more than 1200 unique visitors a day on a shared host and so just start with a shared host and upgrade later when you are already having substantial traffic.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Cola
    Uhm,,
    How big is Classipress theme ?
    Is it heavy ?
    Is 50 MB disk-space and 5 GB bandwith enough for starting my site at initial stage ?

thanks

Thanks
    Classipress is just about 3 mb excluding wordpress. However, you need more disk space because of the user submitted images but since most of the popular hosting sites now offers unlimited space and bandwith and so I guess it is not much of a concern for a new site.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Cola

hosting provider technical requirements for Cp ?

Hmm,, I notice that we need a hosting provider service which can work with PHP mail function.
    ClassiPress uses PHP mail function.. Is it correct ??

Is there any other hosting provider technical requirements for Cp ?

-thanks-

Thanks
    Being a wordpress theme, Classipress uses the default wordpress mail function. Popular webhosting service such as hostgator usually supports this function.

For function reference of wordpress mail you may check it here Function Reference/wp mail « WordPress Codex .

Cola
    Ok, thanks, Appthemes for the fast response.. I do really appreciate it.

I have another question:
    In my country, unlimited bandwith / unmetered data transfer is uncommon on a shared hosting service...
    Here I must use a VPS service, which is more expensive than a shared hosting...

And my friends advise me not to use hosting providers located in US,
    since most of my visitors will (mainly) come from my country.

What's your advice on this situtation?

Thanks
    Yes, your friend is right as long as the hosting provider in your country is reliable and stable enough.

Thread Information