Thread: How Customisable is ClassiPress ?

Sara-belle

How Customisable is ClassiPress ?

Hi,

I am really hoping someone can give me some insight into how customisbale ClassiPress is?

I am trying to decide on a platform for a new classifieds advertising website and I really like the look & support offered by ClassiPress. My concern is that all of the websites that I have found that use ClassiPress, including some direct competitors, all look very similar in appearance....... I want my site to look unique and have no 'accidental' correlation assumed by customers, with another site using ClassiPress because the two sites might look very similar.

Specifically, some things I would want to change if some can tell if it is possible.....

* List the web pages vertically ratherthe the default horizontal list?
    * Relocate or remove the 'featured listings' banner?
    * Relocate or remove 'advertisers' blocks?
    * Customize the classifieds ads;
    - List the asking price without the 'tag' icon/ image?
    - List the classifieds ads as the 'ad title & date' that they were posted with a user having to click on that date to see the content of the ad. Rather then have a list of detailed ads, I would have a list of 'title & dates' that users can click on to get the details of each ad...

These are just a few things if some would be kind enough to give me some insight. Cheers, Sarah

Thanks
    ClassiPress is completely customizable, and in fact we encourage customers to be creative and modify the theme to suit their needs. There is no encryption which would prevent you from changing either the layout of functionality of the theme or both, and our recommendation is that you create a child theme in order to prevent loss of modifications when upgrading. There are some great examples in the AppThemes customer showcase of ClassiPress sites which really look nothing like the default theme layout, so you're really not limited to what you can do in this regard. Thanks.

Unregistered

Sara-Belle

Thanks for the reply :-)

Can you give me a brief run down on how classipress is loaded onto a server machine?

i.e. Is wordpress downloaded then classipress as a plug-in....?

I will be paying someone with a better understanding to do this for me but I want to understand the fundamentals first if that makes sense.

Thanks again.

Unregistered

Sara-Belle

Hi Pepsi,

Is there anywhere that I can view more examples of live ClassiPress sites, particularily examples that demonstrate how different the appearance can be, additional to those in the link that you provided above??

Thanks, Sara.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thanks for the reply :-)

Can you give me a brief run down on how classipress is loaded onto a server machine?

i.e. Is wordpress downloaded then classipress as a plug-in....?

I will be paying someone with a better understanding to do this for me but I want to understand the fundamentals first if that makes sense.

Thanks again.
    You need to install WordPress on your host account first, and then you install ClassiPress which is a theme rather than a plugin.

You can review the "Getting started" documentation for installing ClassiPress here if you wish to see a more detailed explanation of how to install the theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi Pepsi,

Is there anywhere that I can view more examples of live ClassiPress sites, particularily examples that demonstrate how different the appearance can be, additional to those in the link that you provided above??

Thanks, Sara.
    Outside of the AppThemes customer showcase we do have a showcase and feedback forum where other customers have submitted their sites for feedback.. it's a little harder to search through these though. Thanks.

Thread Information