Thread: How Customizable Is This?

Unregistered

How Customizable Is This?

Hi, I am interested in purchasing this theme. However, i have some question on the theme's capabilities. One is question is, am i able to have multiple directories? I plan on have 3 different type of listings, one for businesses, one for churches, and one for community resources. I want the users to be able to search by these type of listings first, then by category and by location. Is this possible to do? Every example site i have seen only has two search fields. I am also wondering if the search fields can be customized to have a drop down window. like say i want the user to only choose from the categories listen and their location. Is this something that could be done with this theme?

Thanks
    By default there are only the two search fields as mentioned on the main index page, with the refine search box only appearing in search results as shown on the Vantage demo site (where you can sort, adjust radius search by distance, and select categories). There is no function built into the theme as you specifically describe, so it would require customization of the default theme on your part. There is no encryption which would prevent you from making these changes, so you can make them if you wish. If you're talking about having multiple directories, then yes you could certainly do this too, with some modification to allow the site visitor to select from the relevant listing types. An example of this can be found on the AppThemes customer showcase here, where the customer has created subdomains for the various states and then modified the homepage. Thanks.

Thread Information