Thread: How difficult is importing other app theme functionalities into vantage?

Switch

How difficult is importing other app theme functionalities into vantage?

Hi,
    I'm not an expert, so please bear with me.

what I want is this:
    vantage theme with option to submit coupons (and maybe even niche news)

I'd like to build a world niche directory site

So, I'd like my site that would be built on vantage theme to contain, beside "add listing" and "add event", also "add coupon" and "add news2. Basically, the most important is that my visitors who add listings don't have to register separately for adding coupons (and news, if possible).

Two questions:
    1. Is it possible to include coupon functionality from clipper (whether as a plugin or partial theme or somehow) and is that easy to do or do I have to hire someone to do it for me? I have some basic knowledge of wp and can follow instructions.
    2. Is it possible to change "Ideas theme" into "News theme" easily (so people can submit news instead of ideas)

thank you

Thanks
    1. As this is not a feature of the theme, and there are no specific plugins which offer this, it would require customization of the default theme on your part. AppThemes does not offer customization services, however we do have a certified partners page where you can find developers for hire who are experienced at working with our themes.

2. Again, this would involve customization, and since these are not officially supported (i.e. our team won't be able to offer instructions for making these changes), then you may need to hire a developer. Thanks.

Switch

thanks

Thank you for your answer.

What I really want to know is this - if someone has done what I described, how difficult is it to do? On a scale from 1-10. I just don't feel like spending a ton of cash on developers if I can do it myself. On the other hand, if it is really something that only an expert or experienced tinkerer can do, I won't touch it myself.
    Thank you

Thanks
    Ultimately how "easy" it is, depends on your level of coding knowledge, there's not really any way we can guess how easy this would be for you so it's not easy to answer on a scale. I haven't personally heard of anyone implementing it, but would say that it would take a relatively advanced coder to implement features of one theme to another in this way. Thanks.

Thread Information