Thread: How to make a multi site with classipress?

Unregistered

How to make a multi site with classipress?

Would like index to display categories based on visitors ip address

any ideas how to achieve this?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    There are discussions about using MU at the members area only of this forum.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    It should be pointed out that Wordpress MU was the older version of Wordpress (pre 3.0).
    It is now called "Multisite" and is a standard part of the Wordpress 3.x download.

I mentioned this only because there is little to be found on this forum or in the document that really steps a person through the process as it pertains to a multisite setup. So when searching also try Wordpress MU, multi-user, WPMU and the list goes on.

TroyD

Thanks
    That's because setting up an actual multi site network isn't so much a ClassiPress/AppThemes thing as it is a WordPress thing (hence, the documentation for this is generally found on their site).. This link should help anyone looking to set one up http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network :)

Unregistered
    Correct. I didn't do a very good job of wording that. All I meant was that many tips might not be found in a search if you don't also search for the other common terms used for a Multisite setup.

And I do agree that Wordpress' docs are the proper place to look for setting up the Multisite but there are a few things that would be useful to include in the CP docs, as they relate to CP.

TroyD

Thread Information