Thread: I'm very interested in purchasing, but have a few questions

Thanks

I'm very interested in purchasing, but have a few questions

1. Does the adrotate plug-in work for ClassiPress? I read around the forum and I know there's a way to integrate rotating ads, but I would like to use adrotate because of its ad stat tracking and sidebar capability.

2. Can I use custom sidebars/widgets in Classipress on the right hand side?

3. In the middle section (ad categories), can I use a wordpress "page" in place of it (e.g. sort of like a mini splash page? For example, I would have 4 main ad categories (1, 2, 3, 4). I want these to be represented by picture buttons in the middle section instead of the default ad categories. Once I click on one of the pics, then it would list the ad categories for that main category, say on a separate page that loads in the middle.

4. Is there a function that allows city to city (and/or state to state) classifieds? For example, can users select a particular city, and the ENTIRE website would be for that particular city (so featured ads scrollbar ads etc would show only for that city). I wouldn't want ALL featured ads in the database to show up when someone is clicking another city. From what I see so far, I would have to create 10 + classipress sites to accomplish my goals.

Thanks
    1. I cannot say with 100% certainty that this plugin works with ClassiPress as we do not officially support third party plugins. I am aware of customers who have mentioned using it, however they have either reported issues, or have had to do some tweaking themselves to get it to work.

2. Yes you can choose to ad or remove widgets as you wish, and there are 6 different areas you can configure from the widgets screen: Main Sidebar, Ad Sidebar, Page Sidebar, Blog Sidebar, User Sidebar, and Footer.

3. Yes you could certainly do this, although some customization would be required on your part to do exactly what you describe.

4. You could achieve such a thing using a multisite setup with some amount of customization. fleabay.net is a great example of how this can be done.

Thanks
    Hi Pepsi,

Thanks for the reply. I was checking theme status updates, and I noticed that the next version is coming out in June? Will that one have a locations function in the admin section of the theme? I'm not super experienced in modifying code and changing things in wordpress, and the main reason for me holding back on buying is because locations thing isn't integrated into the theme itself. Is this something that is coming out in the next version? I noticed it said June.

Thanks
    well here is the theme status updates WordPress Theme Release Status | AppThemes ClassiPress is expected in June and Jobrollar is about to come out. But i couldn't find what updates have been implemented in the updated release.

Thanks
    Can someone please address whether the next version will include a locations feature integrated into the theme?

That's the only thing holding me back from purchasing this.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 3,403 Times in 3,274 Posts
    Location option was mentioned before by the developer on some threads however no official list of features yet has been released not until the final release of the theme and so you may just check the blog from time to time for updates/changes. As pepsi has stated, it can be done through custom coding as what this site has Malaysia Classified Ads .
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    how much would it usually cost for this type of custom coding for locations? Is it something that is very involved? I don't have much experience in this.

Thanks
    AppThemes does not offer customization services, however you can find developers for hire on our Certified Partners Page, and they may be able to quote you on this work.

Thread Information