Thread: Important Upgrade Question

Unregistered

Important Upgrade Question

Hi,

I have a question concerning the upgrades for JobRoller. In your FAQ section your answer to an upgrade question is as follows:

"You can always download the latest version of all themes you have purchased from within your user account dashboard. You’ll need to login first."

Will this be an automatic upgrade whereby I just click on a button in my account dashboard and it upgrades automatically to the latest version? If so, won't this overwrite the changes I did to customize my JobRoller theme? For example, lets say I have my own logo and company info uploaded to the JobRoller theme. When a new upgrade/version is available...will my logo, company info etc..be lost when it is overwritten with an upgrade?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    You need to the download the theme files. Then you can just upload the theme in the Wordpress admin. Your settings will remain including the logo, company info, categories and etc as they are saved on the database.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    Thanks for your reply. However, what about when it comes time to upgrade to the latest Wordpress version automatically? Won't my company logo, additional plugins and jobs posted on JobRoller be overwritten and lost since these fall under "customization"? Would I have to upgrade manually instead to the latest Wordpress version so nothing would be overwritten?

Thanks.

Thanks
    When you upgrade your version of WordPress, this should not effect any of your JobRoller files. Of course you should always complete a full backup before you proceed anyway, but in terms of JobRoller, you won't lose logo/settings/posts/job listings in the process of a WP upgrade. Third Party plugins are not officially supported, and of course we can't guarantee that when you upgrade WP that the plugin will continue to work.

The same applies for upgrading JobRoller also.. you won't lose logo/settings/posts/job listings, but if you have modified the theme files in any way (i.e. css changes, other code changes), then yes, these are generally overwritten. You have the option to download a patch upgrade if you prefer..so that only changed files are updated, or alternatively a child theme will help minimize the loss of customizations when upgrading.

Unregistered
    Thanks Pepsi. Much appreciated!

Thanks
    Hello I just want to know if my JobRoller files will not be affected if I do some upgrades?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    Changes in the jobroller theme files will generally be affected but the settings including the categories, pages, jobs and etc will remain as they are saved on the database.

Hello I just want to know if my JobRoller files will not be affected if I do some upgrades?
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information