Thread: Installing ClassiPress

Amateur
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Installing ClassiPress

Hi there,

Complete newb here, so please be kind.

I am considering buying ClassiPress. In the blurbs i have read, it says to "install ClassiPress on to your website", however, i don't yet have a website. I thought ClassiPress itself was a website :?:

Question: does ClassiPress itself act as a website, eg, have a front end and back end? I already have server space, so is it as simple as buying it, downloading it, installing it on to a server, then customizing it? Do i need to do anything else?

Thanks for your help. I hope somebody can answer this question :)

Thanks

Re: Installing ClassiPress

ClassiPress is a WordPress theme, so to use ClassiPress you need to have an installation of WordPress set up first.

If you already have your host account set up, you would install WordPress there to start with.
    Once this is up and running, you would purchase, download and install the ClassiPress theme.
    Once activated, you can configure your ClassiPress installation from there.

I would recommend that if you haven't had any experience with WordPress before, that you get a feel for it first before purchasing ClassiPress. You should become familiar with the process of activating new themes, do some research on how the basics work, perhaps look at some video tutorials such as ones you can find here: http://www.maxblogpress.com/wordpresswizard20/. I think this is important as your confidence with WordPress will make it so much easier for you to get your head around ClassiPress ;)

Alternatively, you could look in the ClassiPress Theme Services thread for a coder for hire who can help with your installation, although if you plan on running the Classifieds website yourself, getting familiar with how it all works is probably a good thing.

Amateur
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Ah, thanks Pepsi :) :) :)

Amateur
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Actually, one more question for anybody who can answer:

Does ClassiPress act as a "standalone" Classifieds website? I'm not really interested in starting a Blog. I'm more interested in is starting a Classifieds website (ah, research, research).

Thanks

Yes, you don't have to use the blog category if you don't want to so it can be purely about the ads.. Basically your ClassiPress website will look like the demo http://wpclassipress.com/demo/.. Although you have numerous colour options, as well as template choice where you can decide not to have the categories listed on the homepage as you see on the demo.. Also option to remove the featured listings slider if you prefer..

Amateur
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Thanks for your help Pepsi.

Amateur
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

I like the look of the old version, as seen on many of the sites in the Showcase.

Hopefully, it's possible to customize the latest version to look like that.

Thanks

The showcase simply hasn't been updated yet, which is why it's pretty much all the older version you're still seeing.
    Feature requests have been submitted by other customers who would like to see the return of some of the features that were available in 2.9.x.. and these are under consideration. Ultimately you can use the older version if you really want to, however customizing it from there would be of your own doing, and this includes adding features that are automatically available in 3.0 that weren't back then..

Thread Information