Thread: Interested in some Classipress features

Unregistered

Interested in some Classipress features

I am interested in buying this theme in order to save enormous amount of time for a serious classifieds website. There are some features wich i need:

1. In the live demo i haven't seen advanced search. Is there some plugin for this or can i build this feature easy - without modifying WP core?

2. Email alerts: are they available or i can build them easy?
    Examples:
    2.a. people could subscribe to email alerts ( 24hours, weekly, monthly ) when new adds are posted intro a specific category?
    2.b. people could recive email if they subscribe to an add wich suffer some modifications like the price?

3. I also haven't seen the posibility for users to add specific adds to favorites. Again is there some plugin for this or i can build this feature easy?

4. Featured listing inside the category. Lets say we are on a category page and there are 20 adds. Can i make some feature to charge for the adds wich appear first in the category?

5. Do i have the option to charge for the adds wich appear on the home page at "Featured Listings"?

Great theme you have done, i already fell in love and i hope there are solutions to these 5 features i need.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    1. No feature on that yet with the current version but Advanced Search is planned for implementation on Version 3.1.

2. The current email alert feature includes automatic sending of emails for things like new ad submitted, ad approved, ad expired, and new user registration. You requirement for email alerts may need some custom coding.

3. There is an existing wordpress plugin for that but it may require some customization to work with classipress.

4. It can be done with an existing plugin such as this WordPress › SM Sticky Featured Widget « WordPress Plugins but charging for it may need some modification .

5. Yes you can charge for the featured ads in the homepage.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    Thank you for your time and the rapid response.

1. When version 3.1 will be released? If i buy the actual theme could i upgrade for free to version 3.1 without loosing data ( the adds wich are posted till the upgrade )?

2, 3 and 4. In case i buy the theme can i have support for this modifications? ( i don't mean the exact code, just the ideea and perhaps the location of the files i need to modify ).

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    1. You can check the theme release status here WordPress Theme Release Status | AppThemes .

2. Support for modifications is done by the community and so you can post your mods requests there specifically the Mods and Tutorial section of this forum. There are already a lot of shared modifications and tutorials that you can check upon.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information