Thread: Jobroller 1.2: when and what?

Unregistered

Jobroller 1.2: when and what?

I'd like to buy the jobroller theme, just have a couple of questions.
    1) what are the improvements for the version 1.2, do you have a changelog or something we can see?
    2) when will this update be released (the status page says 95% done, but there is no timeframe)?
    3) is there the possibility to grab and post the jobs via feeds on different websites?
    Thank you in advance for your advice

Henry

Thanks
    1. I don't have the full list, but here are some of the features you will see in v1.2:
    Job packs feature (i.e. you can create your own ad packs)
    Built in contact form
    "Indeed" integration
    Salary Field
    Job Tagging
    Advertising spaces
    reCaptcha for new user registration[/QUOTE]

2. I believe this is basically ready, but needs a few final checks. The release shouldn't be far away now.

3. Going back to the mention of "Indeed" integration, I don't know exactly how it's going to work. I know it will pull feed from Indeed to the site, but not sure about the other way around. We may need to wait for further information on this. I believe a customer has created a mod themselves to work as you mention though.

Unregistered
    Thank you Pepsi, really appreciated.
    I'll wait and see when the new version is online.
    Hope is not in 2011!
    About the feeds, I've seen if there is a workaround in the forum, but it seems I cannot get access if I not buy the theme...
    Hope somebody can help.

Another_Unregistered

About the Job board 1.2 V

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    1. I don't have the full list, but here are some of the features you will see in v1.2:
    Job packs feature (i.e. you can create your own ad packs)
    Built in contact form
    "Indeed" integration
    Salary Field
    Job Tagging
    Advertising spaces
    reCaptcha for new user registration
    2. I believe this is basically ready, but needs a few final checks. The release shouldn't be far away now.

3. Going back to the mention of "Indeed" integration, I don't know exactly how it's going to work. I know it will pull feed from Indeed to the site, but not sure about the other way around. We may need to wait for further information on this. I believe a customer has created a mod themselves to work as you mention though.[/QUOTE]

Hi admin,
    You have done a great job. Current Job board looks excellent. I too would be looking forward to your 1.2 V becomes available to purchase the theme.
    I have couple of questions for you;
    1. In the “Apply Online” section, can’t you insert a re-captcha instead “is Fire hot or cold” to stop the spammers?(Just to make it bit professional)
    2. Can I disable the PayPal, if needed?
    3. What are the “Fully Widgetized Sidebars”?
    4. What features are available to expire the job posting automatically?
    Thank you,

Thanks
    1. I know the same question was asked by one of our ClassiPress customers as to why the security question doesn't use reCaptcha, and I believe this is because it simply doesn't fit in the sidebar. If you were really intent on having it though, I imagine you could certainly customize the theme to implement it.

2. Yes. You don't have to have paid ads.

3. This just means the theme allows you to drag and drop widgets into the sidebar from the wp-admin. Some themes don't support this, so adding things to the sidebar involves hard coding.

4. In the current version, ad automatically expire after 30 days and a relist option can be sent to the ad lister. Employers can also end the ad early from their customer dashboard. I believe in the next release you'll have more options with regards to expiry dates in the form of the ad packs.

Another_Unregistered
    Thank you for the answers. One more Q,

Is there a way to display all the “Sponsored Employers” logos? As a banner at the top (just above the search) or in the side panel…

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Another_Unregistered View Post
    Thank you for the answers. One more Q,

Is there a way to display all the “Sponsored Employers” logos? As a banner at the top (just above the search) or in the side panel…
    I just reviewed your ClassiPress demo & realised that you have included the “Featured Listings” horizontal bar in to that template already. Is there any chance of including this in to the Jobroller template as “Sponsored Employers”?

Thanks
    With some customization you should be able to do this yes. I know that having some sort of featured employers/ads slider is a current feature request for JobRoller, so it's possible we could see something to this effect in a future release (although it's not confirmed at this point).

Thanks
    I'm crossing my fingers 1.2 drops tomorrow.

Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler. - Albert Einstein

Thread Information