Thread: JobRoller looks so bad on your site and awesome on your clients, how is that ?

crossing

JobRoller looks so bad on your site and awesome on your clients, how is that ?

Hi,

I 'am thinking to buy JobRoller, but I was shocked to see themes used by your JobRoller clients , they look incredible good :

http://jobs.londontester.com/welcome/
    http://www.hoteljobs.com/
    http://www.jobsinlincoln.co.uk/

Are those skins /styles available in the package ? How did they managed to modifiy the theme so drastic and make it look so nice ? Will I be able to do it the same by myself ?

thank you

crossing

Thanks
    Yes, they have done a great job with customizing the theme haven't they?! :)

These are not options available within the theme options and do require modification in order to achieve such changes to the default layout. You can find some useful information in this blog entry relating to customizing JobRoller, and alternatively there are also child theme options available for JobRoller in the AppThemes marketplace. If you're looking to hire a developer to do custom work, we also have a certified partners page where you can find developers for hire. Thanks.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pepsi For This Useful Post:

crossing (November 2nd, 2012)

crossing
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    Yes, they have done a great job with customizing the theme haven't they?! :)

These are not options available within the theme options and do require modification in order to achieve such changes to the default layout. You can find some useful information in this blog entry relating to customizing JobRoller, and alternatively there are also child theme options available for JobRoller in the AppThemes marketplace. If you're looking to hire a developer to do custom work, we also have a certified partners page where you can find developers for hire. Thanks.

The customization are so drastic, I wonder if after doin'it if they are not capable to build the theme themselfs ? I dont think its an easy job at all . I was planning to buy this theme but its on the limit on my budget. I cant afford to spend extra dolars (who knows how much!) to make it look right.

ps. Why you dont build a good looking theme so people can use it as default, or give some customizations option ? The succes rate will be higher for good.

Crossing
    One oother question is why you dont create more advanced admin panel . I have to choose between Clipper and CouponPress. CouponPress have much more options on admin panel compare to Clipper (actually alot more !) , but Clipper theme looks much more better . I dont know what product to choose. Clipper is also more expensive 100$ (+ 60$ for psd files only ? ) vs 80$ couponpress. Its a big issue for me right now because I really like the look of Clipper theme , but the admin panel may lack in features needing more time to make the right adjustments.

crossing
    any thought ???

Thanks
    You of course are entitled to your own opinion about the look of our JobRoller theme, but it is a layout that many of our customers are happy with, and for any of those who want something different then the option is there to create your own child theme and make it look however you like. If you're not in a position to customize it yourself, then the more economic option would of course to keep an eye out for child themes available in the marketplace which may appeal to you.

In terms of Clipper, like all of our themes this is something that continues to be developed, with potential for more features to be added in future releases. This being said, having a multitude of functions in the admin dashboard is not always the best thing. Simplicity can also be a good thing ;)

The only promotions we have running at this time are those related to WordPress hosting and AppThemes translations so you may perhaps like to check these out and see if either apply to you if you are looking for a discount off your theme purchase. Thanks.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pepsi For This Useful Post:

crossing (November 2nd, 2012)

Thanks
    Well, I just want to tell you that you convinced me and I just got a new Clipper licence :) Thank you . Its just awesome in every way ! As a newbie I did a small mistake you may want to help me to correct it if thats the case. I installed 3.2 version and immediately installed appthemes-updater ,then insert it Api Key, the only problem is that I lost one letter in the copy/paste process though it didnt give me any error . Now please tell me if I let it this way will I be notified/be able to update it when new versions ? Or how to add the correct api key. Thank you.

Thanks
    We're glad to hear it and will be more than happy to help you if you're having some issues. If you could please log into the forums using the account used to purchase your theme, you will be able to access the relevant support forums here and from there our support team can assist you further. Thanks.

Thanks
    Great,I already solve it the problem.

Thank you

Thread Information