Thread: Jobroller network.. Is it possible?

Unregistered

Jobroller network.. Is it possible?

Hi guys, looking into purchasing one of the themes, but I have a question before I buy. My question is this: if I have multiple wordpress blogs installed in various sub-domains, 13 to be more specific, on the same sql database with different registration on each. Not Wordpress MAU, so it's setup like a network, but the actual sub-domains have their own wp-config files and sql data files. Could I have or make a universal login and registration across all my sub domain blogs?

Basically what I'm asking is if some one comes to sub1.example.com and registers an account, purchases credits to post listings, and then chose to go to sub2.example.com, still be able to use his account and his credits to post a listing on sub2. sub3.. etc. Could this be possible?

or..

Do I have to set it up as a Wordpress MAU, have virtual installations across my sub-domains. I just think it would be a major pain in the *** to register on one sub-domain and to register again in a different one. What's my solution here? anyone done this before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks
    No, it doesn't have to be set up as a WordPress Multisite, you can find many tutorials via Google, on how to simply share the user database. It would be worth looking into both options and decide which is the better though..

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    No, it doesn't have to be set up as a WordPress Multisite, you can find many tutorials via Google, on how to simply share the user database. It would be worth looking into both options and decide which is the better though..
    I understand, the problem is the blogs are already installed, and I did not change the user prefix before installing them to use one master registration. All wp installations are in one database, but separated by subdomain name as prefix..

So now, I'm kinda stuck. I don't want to delete all the blogs, nor re install them. Since too much work has gone into it as it is.. But I'll keep looking on Google, maybe find a solution to this.

I found a few articles on this subject to add the following to my wp-config:

define(CUSTOM_USER_TABLE,'wp_users');
    define(CUSTOM_USER_META_TABLE,'wp_usermeta');

If I do this to the current installed blogs, will it effect it in a negative way? Coiuld it be done still without new installations.. and could it work with the theme? Does the theme use the same user table in the sql database as the stock version of wordpres?.. I appologise for my english it's not the best, so I hope I'm explaining my self enough to be clear. Thank you for your response.

Thread Information