Thread: Level of Categories

Unregistered

Level of Categories

I am looking for a theme that will grow with me from local to national coverage. Big Picture: I am creating a national teen research directory. Small Picture: I will be starting with 6 counties in GA. This means I need a directory that allows me create state, county, and topic levels i.e. GA, Clayton County, Sexual Health. Am I able to do this with the Vantage theme?

Thanks
    Currently Vantage does not offer a multi region functionality which would separate listings in the way you describe, although you could technically make "states" as the parent category, with type underneath each as child categories. However this would understandably end up quote large to deal with in terms of the number or categories required. Your alternative to this would be to look at a WordPress multisite setup and give each region its own instance in its own subdirectory:

e.g.
    yourdomain.com/region1
    yourdomain.com/region2
    yourdomain.com/region3

Some customization would be required in order to direct listings to the relevant instance. It is a more complicated method, however it is how some existing customers have managed to create this kind of setup in themes like ClassiPress.

Alternatively, if you did choose to go with a single installation but give people a chance to filter listings by location, there is a plugin in the AppThemes marketplace which can allow this. Thanks.

Thread Information