Thread: License Question

Unregistered

License Question

Hello AppThemes team!

I am looking at purchasing an existing (though not very active at this time) website that uses your JobRoller theme. This website is being sold at an online auction site, so I have little to no relationship with the seller. He has told me that he has a developer license with you, and that is able to sell as many sites with the theme installed as he wishes, and that transferring this site to my ownership if I purchase the site will result in me having the right to use this theme without paying for a new license.

I'm unsure if this is accurate or not, and wanted to check on how that works in the event that he does have a developer license, and how I might go about checking on this to be sure I am fully compliant if and when I take over the site.

If needed, I am okay with purchasing a single theme license for it, but just need to know if that is what is required of me.

Can someone please advise at their earliest convenience?

Thank you in advance,

RB.

Thanks
    Our themes do allow developer to create websites for clients and sell the websites (not the theme itself). To clarify, this does not automatically make the purchaser an AppThemes customer, so whilst they can use the site that has been purchased with the theme installed, they will not gain access to theme updates or support unless they purchase a license from us directly. As you have mentioned, there are considerations which should be made regarding whether or not the developer has a legitimate license with us themselves. If you have further questions relating to this matter please feel free to email us. Thanks.

Thread Information