Thread: license and renewall

Unregistered

license and renewall

I am confused about lifetime license and yearly renewal. If I pay 99 dollars I have to pay an additional 29 dollars every year? What happens if I do not pay the yearly renewall, or if you go out of business? Does my site disappear or get locked? Is this a hosted solution- does it reside on your server or my server? If you answer my questions, I will order today.

Best regards,

Robert Hudson

Thanks
    Hi Robert, to clarify what is on the pricing page, the initial $99 purchase price includes a lifetime license to use the theme and 12 months of theme updates and support. After the first 12 month period has ended, you can still continue to use the theme, however if you choose not to renew the subscription you will no longer be able to download updates for the theme or have access to the AppThemes support forums (which is where we provide all support). The site will not be locked or disappear if you choose not to renew the subscription, and no your site is not hosted by us, the purchase includes the theme only, so you need to organize and pay for hosting elsewhere. You may wish to note that we do offer a discount on theme purchases if you sign up with one of our preferred hosting providers - more details of the promotion here. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Why don't you just sell updates then instead of a yearly fee? How often do you update?

Here is my biggest concern. I want to get your 50% off for signing up with your recommeded host. But this concerns me and really ticks me off:

>>>Please note: Any purchase that cannot be verified in our system will not qualify for the discount. This could be because you didn’t click on our partner link or clicked on some other website partner link first.

To ensure the transaction goes through correctly, we recommend clearing your browsers’ cookies before clicking on our partner link. This coupon cannot be combined with any other discount and is limited to one per person.<<<

No disrespect to you, but this is total BS. I am not going to go though all this and sign up with a hosting company that I otherwise would not want unless I am guaranteed to get the discount. I don't even know how you can legally do this. This really smells funny. You ask for email confirmation but then state you have to verify but what I clicked on, and that it may not work. That is ridiculous. I like the look and feel of your product, and it is what I am looking for, but this discount thing does not look very honest.

Thanks
    This is the pricing model we have decided works best, and considering we also have to deal with people who obtain nulled versions of our themes, it would make it too easy for them to simply pay less to end up with what our legitimate customers pay full price for. You can get an idea of update frequency from the version history here.

In order for us to allow such a significant discount on a theme purchase, the customer needs to have used the affiliate links on our website so that the referral is actually awarded to us by the hosting provider. If for example, the customer has been browsing other websites and then decided to sign up without clearing their browser cache, then the affiliate referral will potentially get awarded to another site, thus AppThemes does not show as the referrer from the hosting providers records. This is why we ask you to do this to prevent it happening, and as long as you follow the promo conditions you really have nothing to worry about. We have nothing to gain by making a potential customer angry before they've even started using one of our products.

It's ultimately your decision as to whether or not you want to go through this process, but hopefully my explanation helps. Thanks :)

Thread Information