Thread: Limit Categories?

SalesFreak

Limit Categories?

You may have answered this already, but I'm in pre-sales and each time I click to see the answer to one of your Forum Posts it tells me that I have to be a member to see the answer. Just an FYI, so here goes my three questions...

1. If I only want to create a classified ad section for Autos, can I do that, so that people cannot post to other categories? Within the autos category I would want to create sub-categories, Subaru, Toyota, Etc. or Classics, Speciality Autos, Trucks, etc. Can I do this?

2. Can I create a new category, instead of Autos or some of the other categories you have listed and just have the site focus on just that one category?

3. Many WordPress Themes allow you to replace the Header quite easily to customize the look of the site, for example, this theme Dixie - Dixi is a powerful free WordPress CMS style theme has a pre-defined header that can be uploaded and changed out in about three seconds. Does your theme have something like that to customize it and add a logo or is it more complex to change out the header? I guess the other option would be to put a landing page before as index.html and then I could link to the ClassiPress site after reading the landing page, but that is probably not the idea. I saw you recommended a WordPress programmer, but the ideal is to NOT have to hire a WordPress programmer - been there and done that, expensive and broke the theme and website with a bunch of plugins that conflicted with each other. Never again :-).

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    1. This may require minor code modifications.

2. I don't quite understand the "the site focus on just that one category" buy you can definitely create new categories.

3. There is an option to change the logo through the Classipress admin settings.

You may check the fully working demo here for the front end ClassiPress Demo and the admin Login/Register at ClassiPress Admin Demo .
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information