Thread: On-Line applications and Job submissions

Unregistered

On-Line applications and Job submissions

I need to be able to ask specific questions on on-line applications. I've gone through the demo and admin and cannot locate if or where this is possible. Also can on-line resumes be created and again can they be customized?

I am relatively new to WordPress, and my company is as well, so we are also evaluating 'user-friendliness' of the different themes before purchase.

Thanks
    The JobRoller demo site is by default, logged in with an "Employer" type registration account which is why you do not see features related to the "Job Seeker" account type. As a job seeker, you will see a "My Dashboard" button instead of the "Submit a Job" button that the employer sees. There you can fill out your resume/CV online or make multiple ones and choose which ones are published, view any job listings you have "starred" (favourites), see recently viewed jobs and job recommendations.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z04yW.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	5626

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KLadfF8.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	127.4 KB 
ID:	5625

I'm not sure what you mean by resumes being "customized"? But if you just mean the ability to create and edit them yourself (as a job seeker), then yes you can. If you're referring to additional options for resumes, such as being able to upload them, then you may like to check out the FXtender Pro plugin which is an optional add-on for JobRoller available in the AppThemes Marketplace. Actual job applications are made by the job seeker from within the job listing page "Apply Online" link as shown on the JobRoller demo site. Thanks.

Unregistered

Customized on-line applications

Thank you for the answer regarding on-line resume/CV building.

I see the "Apply Online" button but it opens a set form. What my company would like to do is create on-line applications or forms with specific questions the applicant would answer as part of the application process for each job posting. I could not find where the forms would be edited or 'customized' to ask the specific questions required in the admindemo section. We would like to see that feature or page before purchasing this theme.

Thanks
    Currently you cannot customize the job listing form from the JobRoller admin dashboard, but this feature is planned for the next major release of the theme v1.7. Having the "Apply Online" link go to another location though, would involve customization of the default theme on your part. Thanks.

Thread Information