Thread: Listings/Events without exact location, among other things

Unregistered

Listings/Events without exact location, among other things

If a user wanted to post a listing or event on Vantage but didnt want to put their exact location, and only wanted to publish as far as for example town level, could they do this? If so how would this effect the listing/event when it came to searching? Would listings/events with specific info bump up to the top automatically?

Are all of the widgets and plugins available in the admin demo, available in the product out of the box? Including AKISMET and bank payments? Can payments for listings be setup on a subscription rather than just one off payments?

How customisable are the theme colours? Is it just a choice of a few colour schemes or is it fully customisable?

I think thats it.... thank you.

Unregistered
    Got another question, can it be setup so that certain events are seen by members only?

Unregistered
    And another one... Can the big map be set to be only the size of a column instead of a whole page (say the left column only of your tech demo for example)?

The longer you leave this the more questions I'll have... :)

Unregistered
    If I wanted to give premium listings for free to certain individuals, can I do that?

Unregistered
    Can it be made so certain events and/or listings can be made only visible to registered users, by either the person adding the listing or admin?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If a user wanted to post a listing or event on Vantage but didnt want to put their exact location, and only wanted to publish as far as for example town level, could they do this? If so how would this effect the listing/event when it came to searching? Would listings/events with specific info bump up to the top automatically?

Are all of the widgets and plugins available in the admin demo, available in the product out of the box? Including AKISMET and bank payments? Can payments for listings be setup on a subscription rather than just one off payments?

How customisable are the theme colours? Is it just a choice of a few colour schemes or is it fully customisable?

I think thats it.... thank you.
    Yes the customer can put in a pretty non-specific address and it will simply point to whatever they select from the Google map. Search is by City/Country so town/city level should be sufficient to show listings for that area even without a specific street address. If you're referring to listings being bumped in a search, this is ultimately relative to the search terms as to what is returned for results.

Got another question, can it be setup so that certain events are seen by members only?
    This is not a default feature of the theme, no. It would require customization on your part if you were looking to implement this.

And another one... Can the big map be set to be only the size of a column instead of a whole page (say the left column only of your tech demo for example)?

The longer you leave this the more questions I'll have... :)
    The large map at the top is an optional widget which comes with the theme, but that is the default width.

If I wanted to give premium listings for free to certain individuals, can I do that?
    Outside of doing this manually for each user, you could offer coupons via the AppThemes coupons plugin available in the marketplace which will allow you to offer people discounts on listings.

Can it be made so certain events and/or listings can be made only visible to registered users, by either the person adding the listing or admin?
    This is also not a default feature of the theme and would require customization. AppThemes does not offer customization services, however we do have a certified partners page where you can find developers for hire who are experienced at working with our themes. Thanks.

Thread Information