Thread: Location Based Search

Unregistered

Location Based Search

Is it technically possible to add a "Location" search field and a "Radius" to the searchbar similiar to the JobRoller theme? Can this be done with a widget or do I need some custom programming?

For example: when a user searches for a car in Amsterdam and chooses a radius of 5000mi, the search results will also show cars in e.g. Berlin.

Thanks!

BTW: Do you have some more info when you'll be releasing the Vantage theme?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    The advanced search filter in Classipress already includes parameter for radius and a search field.

Is it technically possible to add a "Location" search field and a "Radius" to the searchbar similiar to the JobRoller theme? Can this be done with a widget or do I need some custom programming?
    You can check the theme release status page http://www.appthemes.com/releases/ for theme development updates.

Do you have some more info when you'll be releasing the Vantage theme?
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    I am also interested in the location radius search for Classipress (the same functionality as JobRoller).
    Is it enabled via config?
    Also, is there an example of Classipress location radius search and advanced search that you can show me?
    (The official demo doesn't appear to have these features enabled).
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    The demo page is currently being updated and the advanced search feature will be reinstated soon.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information