Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking to buy Classipress - few questions first though

Unregistered

Looking to buy Classipress - few questions first though

Having recently bought a different classified ads software (from another company) only to find it full of faults and problems, I'm being extra cautious before I buy another package.

I've got a few questions that I would like answered before I go any further.

1) Can I allow users to have free listings for a set number of days (say also including one free photo upload) but then charge for extra photos or for longer periods of time? Say free for 15 days with 1 photo but charge for 2+ photos or to have it shown on the site for say 60 days? Is that easily set up in the admin section?

2) I see from some of the sites in the Showcase section that even though items have been listed in specific categories, when you click down on the search drop-down menu and select that exact category and click search, it comes up with zero results - even though I can see from the recent ads that there are items within that category. Can you explain that?

3) When you say (reading other peoples questions) that users can pause their own adverts - are they not able to actually fully delete them? If not, will this become an available option in the future?

4) (Kinda depends on what the answer is to question 1 ....) but if say I decided to have a free listings month to include longer listings and free multiple image uploading (or some other kind of incentive) - is this easily achieveable? (Like can I just make it all free easily without significant coding?)

Think thats all the questions for now... thanks in advance :-)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,403 Times in 3,274 Posts
    1. It is not a current feature but perhaps in the succeeding versions. However, it can be implemented through custom coding which is just dependent upon your coding skills or you can avail the services of a coder to do it for you.

2. If you are referring to the search form, you need to have a key word entered in the form for it to function properly. However, you can go to a specific category through the categories menu.

3. Yes, it is done that way for SEO purposes. Search engine cache search result of your site and will bring searchers to an empty page or an error 404 page if the ad is deleted.

4. It is not yet a current feature and will require some intermediate php coding knowledge to implement.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    Thanks for the reply.

In relation to questions 1 (and I suppose 4), how does the free/paid options work then? I can see from your specifications that it allows for free listings and also paid-for adverts too but, without having much coding experience, how does one set it up from the admin panel? (What options are available to the average user with very little coding experience basically?)

Is it a case of all free or all paid-for or what?

Thanks.

Thanks
    You can set up your pricing model in the classipress backend. If you decide to charge for ads you can set different prices for each category. If you set a price to 0 it would be free.

Unregistered
    Thanks again for the answer :)

Regarding the different editions, can I just check what "Sales and New Ads Chart Widget" actually means? (As I notice that isn't included in the personal edition).

Thanks
    It is for transaction logging.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Unregistered
    Thanks. Think I can live without that. :) I can feel a purchase coming on soon! If I think of any other questions in the meantime, I'll be back :D

Thanks
    Great and we will be expecting you in the forum then. Have a nice day.

Unregistered
    Me again - haven't bought it yet (waiting for pay day!) but still looking to buy. Just been reading the FAQs page and noticed that it says:
    "Also, since this is digital media there are no refunds once your purchase has been made."
    in relation to when someone asks for a refund. I believe that any online purchase is covered by UK law in relation to whether it is faulty or doesn't do as advertised - if this was the case (obviously I'm hoping it won't be faulty and it will do exactly what it says it will do!), but if it wasn't up to scratch, where would I stand? (I would be paying by PayPal so would be covered by "buyer protection scheme" on there for up to 45 days.

The reason I ask this is because of the fact that I was completely "got" by the last bit of software I bought from another company (another classified ads theme). It totally didn't do what it claimed it would do and it was full of bugs - even after 7+ weeks of me getting the developer to fix aforementioned bugs.

In the end, I did get a full refund off him but I just wanted to absolutely make sure this wouldn't happen again. I won't just give in if the next bit of software I buy (classipress hopefully!) turns out to be duff too. The website I bought the other software on offered showcases, etc, etc, all looked fine with it. It was only on downloading and starting to set my site up that the bugs (lots of them) became apparant.

Thanks
    It would be remiss of me to say that there are 0 bugs in the theme at present, as there are some known issues which our team will have resolved in the next release (v3.1), although in some cases a manual fix is provided in the meantime. Ultimately they are not considered major problems causing the theme not to function, but are certainly annoyances which need to be resolved.

Basically, if your intention is to go into the purchase and treat it as if it is were a trial period, then again, I have to reiterate that our no refund policy still stands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information