Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking to buy Classipress - few questions first though

Unregistered
    Thanks. I just worry that if it doesn't hold up to my expecations (those that it says it will do on the features page for instance - i.e. those that it is advertised that it does) then I'll have bought another dodgy bit of software! In which instance I would persue a refund as obviouslly it is illegal to sell anything that isn't "fit for purpose" :-) (Irrespective of whether its online software or a television, the fact still stands). I'm only this cautious because of the previous problem I had with a totally different piece of software from another company.

Thought of another question - when people update to the various next releases there will have been over the months, has there ever been a case (or multiple cases?) whereby a user has totally lost all their registered users and/or classified ads posts, simply by updating it to the next release?

(I ask this, again, because the software I initially had bought turned out that the chap advised me against ever updating it or indeed even updating to the latest WP release in case it broke the software even further!) This is not acceptable, I should be able to update WP version (and indeed the software for the classifieds itself) when they become available without worrying that it'll all go horribly wrong. Just wondered if this is the case with Classipress?

So basically:
    1. can I safely update to each new release of WP once I've bought and installed and started running Classipress?
    and
    2. have there ever been reports of active Classipress websites losing their members and/or posts on an update?

Thanks
    That's understandable, as long as you're "expectations" are based on the theme functioning as you expect, and not that it doesn't include features you want. This pre-sales period is for you to ask questions (which we are of course happy to answer), so if you want to know if the theme does this or that, and you can't find the answer on our homepage, then please ask.

1. Yes, although we're not responsible for WordPress itself of course. As per our Terms of Service Page:
    AppThemes is committed to keeping all themes up-to-date and working with the latest version of WordPress. Our themes are developed for WordPress 3.0 or higher and any version prior to that may have problems with some theme functionality.
    Quite often when a new WP version comes out, you'll see the occassional customer check in the forums and ask if anyone has updated.. We mods (and other enthusiastic WP users) are often some of the first to upgrade and give the all clear. So, if you're ultimately worried before doing any update you're welcome to post and wait for one of us guinea pigs to let you know how it goes :D In all seriousness though, it has never come up as an issue before in all my time here.

2. No, I have never heard of such an occurrance of someone losing their data. I have been a ClassiPress customer myself and user of these forums for the last couple of years, and have definitely never had reports of such a thing happening. I'm pretty sure if it did, I would be the first to know about it. In saying this, we always recommend you do a full backup of your site before you proceed with any upgrade..that's just common sense.

Unregistered
    Thank you very much for that answer - its exactly what I was hoping you'd say. Thank you! :D

Thanks
    You're welcome :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information