Thread: Looking for a Job Board solution that will integrate with our membership site

Unregistered

Looking for a Job Board solution that will integrate with our membership site

Greetings,

We are researching how to create Job Board functionality for our WordPress-based membership site.

We are currently using the plugin s2Member to control our site's membership functionality. s2member allows us to allocate or restrict access to specific content and pages on our site based on a member's membership level. We need to add a Job Board to our site where members with certain page-access privileges can post new job postings for free. Only members with those page privileges can post jobs. Every level of member on our site will be able to view those job postings.

Can your Job Board solution work in this scenario? Also, since your product is a theme, not a plug-in, will it's 'look and feel" take over our site, forcing us to adopt it's appearance?

Thank you for helping us solve our member-driven job board solution.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,770 Posts
    Hi,

AppThemes cannot guarantee that their themes will be compatible 100% with any third party plugin.I understand your concern but as you may already know it is hard to test the themes with every plugin available.

(2).All the source is open and you can modify the style of the theme to match your website's design.Please note that you will need a separate WordPress installation to install the theme.

Please let me know if you have more questions about the theme.

Unregistered
    Greetings Dimitris,

Thank you for your reply. I have a 4-5 more pre-sales questions:

1. Is Indeed.com the only 3rd party job aggregator that Jobroller works with, or are others available such as CareerBuilder.com? We are comparing your product to the WPJobBoard plugin, and they support Indeed and CareerBuilder.

1b. When using 3rd party aggregator integrations, will we be able to configure JobRoller so that the jobs posted by our users will display above (before) the outside jobs being fed by the integrator?

2. We don't want to charge our users for posting jobs or uploading resumes. Can we completely turn off the e-commerce functions of the site so that it appears a completely free service to the users?

3. We are going to attempt to use our Membership plugin (s2member) to regulate/restrict/control who can post jobs, and who cannot. This plugin works by controlling access to specific page ID's. I just want to confirm that JobRoller uses specific page ID's for the pages relating to job posting and editing.

4. Can we purchase JobRoller on a trial basis so that we can test it for compatibility with our membership plugin? Essentially a time period (a week or two) in which we can cancel/return it if it doesn't work in our scenario?

Thank you Dimitris

Thanks
    1.JobRoller pulls jobs from Indeed.com and Simplyhired.com.

2.JobRoller by default places first the user submitted featured jobs, then the jobs from indeed/simplyhired and then the regural/non featured user submitted jobs.I saw threads in the forum where users changed the order easily this order.

3.Yes you can leave empty the 'Job Listing Fee' field and allow free posting of jobs, there is no fee for posting a resume.

4.I can see in the back end that JobRoller uses two different pages for submitting a job and editing a job.So my guess is that it uses two different ids.

5.I am sorry but there is no trial period for any of the themes.

Thanks
    Thank you dimitris for the incredibly fast response. We are going to make out decision later today about which Job app to go with. We appreciate your info.

Thanks
    You're Welcome.Good luck with your project.

Thread Information