Thread: Looking at making the Vantage but have some questions

Unregistered

Looking at making the Vantage but have some questions

Hello, you guys can help me. I am looking at purchasing the Vantage website but I am some questions :

1) I will have a list of a lot of companies in the UK that I will need to upload to the site from excel , will that be possible ?

2) Will the search engine embedded on the site work to fine the companies still this way when somebody is looking ?

3) I also want to place a wanted section from people who are looking to source or buy products , will that be possible ?

4) Overtime can I place featured ads to make money ? Also , feature company of the month etc

5) Can I have a latest wanted listings section on the front page ?

6) How can I ensure that people wanting goods or selling do not upload spam listings ?

Thanks for any comments that may help me , Im sure I will think of more comments later !

Regards
    Jamie

Thanks
    Hi Jamie, in answer to your questions:

1) Vantage has a built in .csv importer as you can see from the Vantage admin demo. This will allow you to import listings via a .csv file (which you can create in excel).

2) Sorry, I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here? The search is built into the theme to help people find the actual listings on the site. Could you please clarify further what you mean?

3) This could depend on how comprehensive you want the "wanted" part of your site to be? For example, you could potentially install another one of our themes, ClassiPress in a subdirectory of your site. If you put the "Wanted" link in the Vantage menu, it would take the customer to the other location for relevant listings so that they are separate from the Vantage business listings.

e.g.
    yourdomain.com <== Your Vantage installation
    yourdomain.com/wanted <== Your ClassiPress installation

Otherwise, you could just use a category within Vantage specifically for this purpose, however these listings would appear with normal business listings. That's just a couple of ideas anyway.

4) There is a featured ads option available in Vantage, for which you can set the price and duration of these ads. The settings can be seen in the Vantage admin demo here.

5) This depends on how you have set up the "Wanted" section of your site, if you're using Vantage then the listings will appear with other business listings.

6) If your listings are free then you should definitely consider moderating listings before they are published if this is an issue.

I hope this information helps. Thanks :)

Thread Information