Thread: Making modifications

Dan

Making modifications

Do we get the entire file to the WordPress Vantage template once we pay? One time Download?

I need to know because I will be hiring developers to make modifications to the template.

Thank you.

Dan

Thanks
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 1,442 Posts
    Hello Dan,

After purchasing the Vantage theme you can download it as many times as you want and they are always complete (everything is packed in a single zip file).

BTW: Our themes are not encrypted, so you are free to modify files accordingly to suit your needs.
    Rolf Hassel (Samcy)

Dan

Analytics - business owners see how many people go to their pages

Will Vantage 1.1 or 1.2 give business owners or the administrator of the wordpress theme the ability to see how many people go to each of the business pages?

Yelp has the analytics feature for business owners.

Thanks.

Unregistered

vantage modifications

Is there a splugin or modification you could do (without hiring a developer) to create a window within a window on Vantage? I'd like to list businesses and when a visitor
    clicks on a business link a new window opens with a photo of the business, google maps and a brief about without the visitor leaving
    the directory listings page, or having to leave my site and go to the businesses' web site. Thanks.

Thanks
    @Dan:

As far as i know, this will not be inside the next update, but sure can be done with some customization of the theme.
    Rolf Hassel (Samcy)

Thanks
    AppThemes does not carry out customization work, however we do have a Certified Partners page where you can find developers for hire if you wish to seek quotes of specific modifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is there a splugin or modification you could do (without hiring a developer) to create a window within a window on Vantage? I'd like to list businesses and when a visitor
    clicks on a business link a new window opens with a photo of the business, google maps and a brief about without the visitor leaving
    the directory listings page, or having to leave my site and go to the businesses' web site. Thanks.
    Rolf Hassel (Samcy)

Dan

When updating to newer Vantage...what happens to data?

When an updated version of Vantage comes out every couple months, we must update our existing theme. Now, when we do update our theme, would we have to back-up all our users + site data?

Thanks
    @Dan,

No, all the things inside the database will not get lost after updating. That means, that Users and the listings will stay as they are. But to be on the safe side, you should always do a backup (files & database) first before upgrading your theme.
    Rolf Hassel (Samcy)

Thread Information