Thread: Manually set a classified ad to appear in Featured Listing?

Julien

Manually set a classified ad to appear in Featured Listing?

Dear Sirs,

1) I would like to know if it possible to manually edit an ad to appears on "Featured listings"?

2) Also, could you please let me know if it is easy to edit the submit form? I would like to have custom inputs.

The classifieds site I am about to launch will be only for the same town. Because Gmaps is not really accurate in my country, is there any way to allow members to manually locate their location (like in Google Places when the address doesn't match with the location) and automatically set the town in the form? (display the name of town but disable editing it).
    If not, I would like to get rid of geolocalisation (Street / ZIP Code / State / Country.) .

3) Do you also do special offers on occasion like Christmas? I am really looking forward to buy ClassiPress as it is the best tool for classified I found yet (taking advantage of the powerful WP).

Sorry for my bad English...

Yours faithfully,
    Julien.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,402 Times in 3,273 Posts
    1. Yes you can set it manually in the wordpress admin.

2. You can ad/remove fields in the submit form through the Classipress admin settings.

Since there are no encrypted codes in classipress, you can modify it according to your needs which is just dependent upon your coding skills.

3. You can avail of 50 percent discount my signing up with partner hosts. You can check more details here http://appthemes.com/resources/wordpress-hosting/ .
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Julien
    Thank you for your answer.

A few questions remains :
    - I don't know how to remove fields in form. In Classipress Demo Admin, remove button are disabled on most of the fields. How to remove Country & State for example then?

- Is it possible to make Classipress multilingual (at least 2 languages)? Will it be easy without any PHP knowlegde? It's necessary to have 2 languages with my prospective customers...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,402 Times in 3,273 Posts
    - You can removed fields in the form through the Classipress admin.

- There are some plugins that you may try to use for that.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    Do you know what plugins can help to do classipress multilingual? I try the WPML plugin, but users can't to translate advertisments buy him self?

Unregistered

Help with Submit Listing

Hello,

Could some body tell me how to make the price field in submit listing form not mandatory? By default it is mandatory.

Thanks,

Thanks
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 1,442 Posts
    Please log in and open a thread in the related support forums

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello,

Could some body tell me how to make the price field in submit listing form not mandatory? By default it is mandatory.

Thanks,
    Rolf Hassel (Samcy)

Thread Information