Thread: Member Groups

Unregistered

Member Groups

Hi there,

I'm currently running a very similar site off an unnamed software, however it has become bloated and difficult to manage for a myriad of reasons. I'm comfortable in the wordpress system, so I thought I might shift my client over to this.

I have three usergroups that register to my site as the following:

a) the people who need to view the listings have a membership and can bookmark listings for later viewing. These listings are only viewable when someone from 2 of these groups logs in.

b) the people who create the listings (your software covers this)

c) the people who create listings but aren't group b, and their listings are only visible to group A

Groups B and C pay per listing, Group A just views listings by B and C.

Is this possible with this system?

What about a slide show, would I be able to integrate that myself or is that in the works?

If I customize the template to the hilt, does that keep me from updating the theme? I understand that wordpress will upgrade smoothly but what about the "look of the site"?

How open are you to modifications and what do you charge?

Thanks for any answers you can provide to me.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    It is possible but may require some form of customization to implement specifically the user role management aspects of it.

The themes support child themes and in this approach your modification remains even with updates Child Themes « WordPress Codex .

Appthemes is not currently offering customization jobs as they are more focused on theme development however there are certified partners that can do so of which you can check here Certified WordPress Theme Partners | AppThemes .
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information