Thread: Minor change to layout?

Unregistered

Minor change to layout?

Hello,
    I live in a senior Community of 2500 homes (approx. 4,500 Residents). I would like to set up a very simple Blog & Classified Ad website where the only Pages shown on top are these:

Blog – Classifieds – FAQ

I want to be able to offer free ads for residents but paid ads for outside vendors/contractors & providers of other services but keep the site as simple as possible. Many of our residents use computers but can become “lost” on a cluttered or complex site very easily.

I would also like to know if there is an option to add a forum to the site?

Thanks
    ClassiPress is not encrypted, so you are free to make modifications if you wish. In terms of changing menu options, you can do this from the Appearance > Menus functionality of WordPress, although some modification of the theme files would be required in order to remove the actual "categories" dropdown which is hard coded into the theme by default. You can offer free or paid listings, however these are specific to categories, not users, so if you made various ad packs, you would likely need to moderate the listings also to ensure the wrong people aren't using the free listing option.

There is no built in forum functionality, however this could essentially be added with the use of a plugin or separate installation (depending on what forum you wanted to use). Thanks.

Thread Information