Thread: Modifications of JobRoller

Unregistered

Modifications of JobRoller

Hello everyone.

I'd like to start by saying thank you very much for the team at AppThemes for developing not only some fantastic looking Themes for WordPress, but for also creating such a community of users and resources - I have been following it all for a few months now and have finally reached the point where I want to pick up the pace with my project.

I want to launch a Job Board within the next 6 to 9 months here in the United Kingdom and want to use the JobRoller theme however, as most of us know, we all need cutting-edge features if we're going to attract employers (mainly Recruitment Agencies) to spend their money. Therefore, I wanted to ask the community if any of the following was possible, and if so, who would be able to assist with the work? I know some of you are experts and can get very fancy with JobRoller (Sebet and TinyGiantStudios) and really, that's what I need.

I am a newbie when it comes to WordPress as my strengths are in Marketing. I would love to discuss my needs further, but in a nutshell here is a quick brief:

• Advanced search i.e. alongside keywords and locations, be able to search by job sector, salary band, job type (full time, part time, contact, etc.).
    • A very basic invoice form to use as the payment method that would send me an email to raise an invoice myself. Instead of using PayPal employers would fill out a form, the form would be emailed to me, and a PDF invoice and hard copy invoice would be created by me to send out. I can't expect people to use PayPal, as invoicing is much more professional.
    • A job alert system where a jobseeker could create job alerts based on keywords and locations. Alerts would have to be available by email and RSS (RSS no critical).
    • XML feeds syndication to Indeed and SimplyHired.
    • Resume (CV) database only available to employers who have a job posting package and able to search i.e. keyword and location, but also by job sector.

On top of the requests above I would also need to UI element of the site done - full design, etc.

There are a few websites that are quite minimalist that I really like and could possibly give you some insight into the website that I would like to have created:

http://www.authenticjobs.com/
    http://www.sensationaljobs.com/
    http://www.krop.com/

I'm hoping someone out there can help - it would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much for your attention and a great weekend to everyone!

Kind regards,

Raul Picart

Thanks
    Thanked 3,402 Times in 3,273 Posts
    - There is no advance search feature yet but Jobroller includes filtering for job types, job category, salary and etc.
    - Also, there is no invoicing system and this may require additional coding to implement.
    - No job alert function but it is already requested at the Ideas Exchange page http://ideas.appthemes.com/forums/84269-jobroller of which you may vote for.
    - XML feeds syndication to Indeed and SimplyHired - No feature on this yet.
    - There is an existing resume database though it may require further modification and tweaking to suit your requirement.

You may take note that the themes are not encrypted and so it can be modified accordingly. For customization jobs, you can contact some of the certified community partners through this link http://www.appthemes.com/partners/.

• Advanced search i.e. alongside keywords and locations, be able to search by job sector, salary band, job type (full time, part time, contact, etc.).
    • A very basic invoice form to use as the payment method that would send me an email to raise an invoice myself. Instead of using PayPal employers would fill out a form, the form would be emailed to me, and a PDF invoice and hard copy invoice would be created by me to send out. I can't expect people to use PayPal, as invoicing is much more professional.
    • A job alert system where a jobseeker could create job alerts based on keywords and locations. Alerts would have to be available by email and RSS (RSS no critical).
    • XML feeds syndication to Indeed and SimplyHired.
    • Resume (CV) database only available to employers who have a job posting package and able to search i.e. keyword and location, but also by job sector.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information