Thread: Move from Couponpress to Clipper

Unregistered

Move from Couponpress to Clipper

Hi,

I am using an old version of Couponpress where stores are the taxanomy Categories and not the taxanomy Stores.

Would it be possible to simply transfer my categories(stores) to Clipper so they show up as stores?

My other question is.. Is it possible to strip the word stores from the urls? For an example:

Currently Clipper has Clippersites.com/stores/amazon

Would it be possible to change this to Clippersites.com/amazon

Thanks
    Clipper has a built in .csv importing tool so you can use that to import coupon listings into the correct location, but if you're just wanting to import stores on their own there is no specific feature for this, so it would require some knowledge of mysql admin if you wanted to bulk import and not manually create these. The default URL which uses the custom taxonomies are not able to be changed within the admin settings as you describe and would require customization on your part. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

So effectively I would have to copy and paste all the store descriptions, then run the csv import to add all the codes and deals from Couponpress to Clipper and assign them all to the correct store?

With regards to stripping the URL, I know that the Yoast SEO plugin offers the option to strip the category base from an url.

Would it be possible to get a login of a Clipper website where I can install this plugin and try to remove the category base?

This way I can decide whether to buy the them or not.

Thank you

Thanks
    If you're only adding the stores (not the coupons), then you could import them via the mysql side, but if you're importing coupons as well then yes you could import them using the .csv import tool.

Unfortunately we do not have trial versions or full working demos of our themes which would allow you to test this. The plugin itself does work with the themes though as mentioned on our recommended plugins page. I've not seen any mention of anyone using the plugin for the functionality you mention though. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Thank you.

Do you have a bit more information about the mysql import?

Thanks
    Not really, as this is essentially outside the scope of what is officially supported. Whilst we have some information regarding importing here, there's no other documentation specifically for what you're looking at doing. AppThemes does not offer these services, however we do have a certified partners page where you can find developers for hire who are experienced at working with our themes. If you make contact directly with an outline of your requirements, they can provide a quote for this kind of work if you're looking for someone to do this. Thanks.

NEO

ClassiPress

Oi existe algum manual do classipress?

Thanks
    All documentation for our themes can be found here. Thanks.

Thread Information