Thread: Multi-Blog Login Question

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Multi-Blog Login Question

Hi Guys,

i have a few questions before i buy :)

I plan to run a city portal with wordpress 3.0 and was looking for a good plugin for classifieds and yellow pages, unfortunately no plugin out there could fit my needs. It seems like your amazing theme could do the job.

So my question is can i setup 2x classipress as multiblog for example:

city.com "MainSite"
    classifieds.city.com
    yellowpages.city.com

wich share 1 login account?

The goal schould be that users can posts classifieds and yellow pages without having to register on 3 different sub-blogs.
    I dont know much about wordpressmu and the new multiblog feature in wordpress 3.0 so the question may be silly. But it would be a "must-have" cause i dont want to force my users to have 3 login information for 3 subparts of the website. When the feature i requested dont work out of the box, how much effort it would take to make classipress do so. Or is it just impossible?

Regards

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts

Re: Multi-Blog Login Question

Previously, before version Wordpress version 3, it can be implemented with some modifications to the wordpress config and database calls. I believe it can be done though. But we have yet to check the official wordpress codex for this kind of implementation. For other users who who have implemented the same you can simply jive in with the discussion.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information