Thread: multi-site solution for Vantage multi-country incurs pretty high managed hosting cost

Unregistered

multi-site solution for Vantage multi-country incurs pretty high managed hosting cost

Hi,
    When people ask on this forum about how to do multi-country - its suggested to do wordpress multisite with a subdir for each country.
    Problem for me with this though is a really big hike in managed hosting costs:

wpengine is $29 a month for 1 site but $99 a month for multisite.
    pagely is $29 a month for 1 site but $149 a month for multisite.
    Synthesis do not allow new multisite installs and only migrate existing sites after special approval.

The reason i want managed hosting is to fix the site when it gets hacked and have the added security so hopefully it doesnt get hacked in the first place.
    If I use standard hosting with Sucuri the cost is higher as Sucuri charges for each subdomain on a multisite.

Do you know of a way to host multi-site securely , get site fixed when it's hacked without braking the bank ?

Alternatively a way to do multi-country on a single Vantage site but I know that's been asked a lot :)

thanks

chris

Thanks
    You can find some useful information relating to this here, it's outside the scope of our usual support topics, but there are a lot of topics in Google with various methods to ensure security.

Plugins such as Multi-City AV available in the AppThemes marketplace offer location filters, but nothing specifically which will set up multisite automatically. Thanks.

Thread Information